FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Help... Gassy boy

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Shellg76
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Help... Gassy boy

Hey there,
    Since my little one was born (he's 5.5. weeks now) he tends to save up his poopy till morning. He starts grunting at about 3-4 a.m. and doesn't let it all go until morning. He seems miserable. I thought maybe it was something I ate, but it happened the last two nights and this is what I ate
    Monday: Steak, tater tots and green beans (some sun chips at night)
    Tuesday: Chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, and green beans
    He just seems so miserable. I do have yogurt and some dairy during the day, is there something I can do to relieve his gas? It seems almost like he's constipated but I dont know how he can be, his poop is yellow runny seedy.
    I exclusivley bf. Is there a specific diet maybe I should stick to? I'm so tired, I can imagine how he feels. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Shellg76; 12-07-2005 at 09:25 AM.
    Michelle

Bryce 10/28/2005

Twins:

Liam Archer 12/30/08 12:53pm
    Lillianna Grace 12/30/08 1:11pm

2. Advertisement

Blues
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am a big believer that much of this is just his own system maturning and changing. I would try peddling his legs like he is a bicycle and possibly some gas drops before nursing but honestly that is as far as I would go. It is possible that it is dairy that is effecting him but by the time you clear it from your own body his will likely be able to handle it.

Its tough... but don't beat yourself up.
    When you cannot stand, He will bear you in his arms. Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow.
    Our Father will either sheild you from suffering, or He will give you strength to bear it.
    ~St. Francis de Sales
    Blues-proud twin Momma

vmk15
    is trying to get motivated
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    When I was exclusivly bf my son was always grunting and pushing. I thought he was uncomfortable too. My ped said it was normal and he was not constipated. He pooped every diaper. I believe it is the immature digestive system. He is now almost 10 weeks and poops once a day. He is grunting less.

KAMILI
    is taking a mommy break :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    I was always feeling guilty when I would eat broccoli and dd was really, really gassy.
    Poor little man! He will be just fine.
    I agree. Putting his legs together and pushing up to his stomach and back down ~ doing this about 5 or 6 times helped DD with her gas. I would also give her a few drops of mylicon.
    ~ 7 1/2 years old
    & ~ 11 months old

MyFabFour
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've gotten great advice. I was gonna say my dd was affected by steak and onions, sometimes too much dairy but that presented itself as excessive vomit as opposed to gas.

Like the others said, I think it's more to do with his mature system than probably what you're eating as your meals didn't sound excessively gas producing. I ate some cabbage yesterday and you should have heard Mia last night. She woke us both up

Hope he does better soon.

Loraflo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man my twins, but especially the girl, are really gassy! I tried the drops and they worked well the first couple of times, then barely at all. My latest and greatest find is Baby Bliss's Gripe Water that I got from Amazon. It is all natural and is like magic to get rid of hiccups and the painful crying! Luckily, they say the gas goes away at about the 3 mo. mark. Btw, the yellow seedy poop is exactly the way it should be! Very healthy!

Girl and boy twins: 11-07-05

Blue
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    My lil boy did this the exact same time as well. Around 3-4 am would start to grunt and fart but wouldn't EXPLODE (i love those bfing poops) until about 6-7am. That was just his schedule. If I noticed it going on and on I would peddle his legs and bunch them up to his tummy to help.

Good Luck