FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
re-introducing breastfeeding

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dcfan
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

re-introducing breastfeeding

Hi, all. I have been lurking here for a while and now have a Q. My 2 month old daughter has been on formula since Saturday, when my PPD hit a real low point and the emergency troops (read: grandparents) were called in and I just "checked out" and stopped feeding the baby. I am on zoloft (which I have no prob with nursing) but also on an anti-anxiety med that I am NOT comfortable having in Claire's milk; hence the formula. I just yesterday started to pump every 2 hours during the day using a rented hospital grade pump and I am now sleeping better and eating and able to keep food down. I am also taking more milk plus. I assume/hope all these things will help my supply. Is there anything else I should be doing? I expect that it will be sometime early next week before I can reintroduce Claire to the breast and I want there to be enough milk for her that it is not a frustrating experience, even assuming that she takes it at all. Thanks! --Kim
    Kim
    36, DH 37, ttc 3+y
    endo, high fsh
    ivf attempts = 6
    complete cycles = 0
    considering DE & adoption

2. Advertisement

bianca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Fenugreek, alfalfa, and fennel can also help, also oatmeal. Good luck.
    Mummy to my 3 miracles:
    Jacinta Margaret 9/8/03 (thanks to a great herbalist )
    Kaelyn Eliza 9/18/05 (a total surprise )
    Elise Jaimee 7/19/08
    after nearly 3yrs ttc #1,12 failed clomid cycles, 1 IVF & 1 FET

MyFabFour
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you aren't already, stay away from highly processed, sugary foods and caffiene. you're doing all the right things and i hope things go well. of course, once your baby gets back on the breast, that will help immensely because baby is so much more efficient than a pump. i hope you're feeling better

dcfan
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    THank you both so much!! I will let you know how it goes. It might not be until next weekend that I can go back to the breast. -Kim
    Kim
    36, DH 37, ttc 3+y
    endo, high fsh
    ivf attempts = 6
    complete cycles = 0
    considering DE & adoption