FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
how much does baby drink???

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    momto3angels
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

how much does baby drink???

for those of you who set my mind at ease regarding my storage goof-up, thanks!

Now another question. I'm pumping because DH and I want to go back into IVF sooner rather than later (it took years to bring a living child into the world and [shocking] I'm not Spring Chicken ) so I'm freezing to make sure he gets a year ore more supply of breast milk.

How much breastmilk does the average baby drink/day once solids are introduced? I'm just wondering how much milk I need to store up before I wean him.
    April
    Mom to angels: Hannah, Ryan and Abby. 10/24-10/28/03.
    Earth Angels: Joey b 5/08/05 and Laura b 5/26/07
    ==
    A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam. And for a brief moment, Its glory and beauty belong to our world…But then it flies on again, And though we wish it could have stayed, We feel so lucky to have seen it.

2. Advertisement

StaceyTX
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We introduced solids a few weeks ago (around 5-1/2 months) and Kaden takes 3 six oz bottles at the baby sitters and nurses at least 4 times a day.

When I was thinking about the "freezer stash" thread, I calculated how much milk I have, and even though it sounds like a lot, it is only enough to feed him at the baby sitters for around 30 days. That wouldn't include the rest of the day or nights feedings.

Good luck TTC again. I understand the rush. We are thinking of trying again in January, but we will try on our own first, since we conceived Kaden naturally.
    Born in Heaven 12/5/01
    9 years old
    7years old
    4 years old

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - unknown