FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I fell down today...I guess the center of gravity IS shifting!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jeninsfca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

I fell down today...I guess the center of gravity IS shifting!

Today, after my lunch I headed out to Baby Gap/Gap Maternity and it was raining pretty good. The mall is an outdoor one, with tile floors that get insanely sick when wet. Two steps from the door I lost my footing and after lurching and stumbling for what felt like forever I went down, absorbing most of the impact with my arms, landing on my left knee, then rolling onto my hip. In the struggle to not fall, I reached and grabbed a potted azalea and ripped that out of it's pot on my way down. Wet and covered with dirt and azalea petals I went back to my office and sobbed to my co-workers and then called my Dr.'s office. They said that the baby is probably fine and as long as I'm not having any cramping/spotting that I don't need to get checked. I'm just sore and have som scrapes on my hands and the baby has been wiggling and kicking all afternoon so I'm sure she is fine. I've actually been able to have a pretty good chuckle imagining how funny I must have looked on the way down.

Just thought I would share with all of you as a warning to watch your step, we're entering into the not-so-graceful phase now.

P.S. Shopping bonus...DH was so worried he insisted that I go out and buy a couple of new pair of shoes because the ones I was wearing today are too slippery. I'll never turn down new shoes, even if they are sensible flats with rubber soles.
    Jen 36, DH 36
    TTC #1 5 years. IVF #1BFN, FET #1 BFP!

Harper, born 7/9/05!

So lucky to be an AHM!

2. Advertisement

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    Oh no stupid rain! I am glad you're ok what a bummer. Doesnt this rain know yet that this is California?? I hope you enjoy your new shoes!
    Tammie

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! What a scare! I'm so glad you and baby are ok. Hope you got shoes with some nice traction.

Take it easy!

Lynn
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ohhhhh the poor azalea !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. only joking .... poor you!!!!, i fell over in a restuarant the other day, HOW EMBARRASING !!!, i was out having lunch with some girlfriends and my phone rang and it was my mum, who was babysitting so i couldnt ignore it, so went to jump up to answer it away from the diners, and my foot got caught in the chair next to me, so i sprawl across the floor, all the girls go uuuuuhhhhhh (mass intake off breath), ALL the diners go quiet and look over and i jumped up embarrased as hell and ran to the hall to answer my phone .............and all she wanted was could i pick up some milk on the way home as she had forgotten to buy some earlier so no emergency with the kids after all that. then i had to walk back in and all the girls were worried but i was really fine mostly fell on my knee and elbows.
    hope you are ok, i'm sure babe is fine, when i was about 34 weeks pregnant with no.1 i fainted at work but i was on my own, and came to ...MY BELLY, i was so worried, but everything was fine.
    Linda

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i had to lol at that description of your grace! it's not funny, and i'm glad you're okay! but, in my pregnancy mind, i was playing it in slow-motion, and the pulling out of the plant sent me into chuckles!
    i fell a few weeks ago....we were at an arcade/bar for adults with friends, and i didn't see that the floor went up to another level, and i walked right into it and hit the dirt. lol....not graceful at all!
    on a good note, i also LOVE shoe shopping!
    hope your scrapes are feeling better today!
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yep...me too! Completely cracked up at your description! I hope you're feeling better!

I still have most of my balance...but when I try to "squeeze" by things, I forget how big my stomach is. It keeps bumping into to things.

I have no idea HOW my DH does it!

Enjoy shoe shopping!!!
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Jen, I am so happy you are okay!! How scary...now that we know you are fine, it was hilarious thinking about it!! How embarrassing!!

bigyellowdog98
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jen

So glad you are ok - new shoes out of the deal! Why is it that pregant women are clumsy? I think I am the dropsy-ist a word) woman in history!
    Susan 33 Todd 32
    Sarah Ann May 19,2003
    Madison Elizabeth & Emily Grace July 18,2005 - both 5lbs 10 oz at 37w3d

Baker
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that is kind of funny, BUT only because you are okay. I'm like you- never turn down the shoes.
    Me (25) DH (27)

Draven Luke Baker
    August 6, 2005
    7 lbs 1 oz 21 inches
    2 months- 13 lbs 12 ozs 24.5 inches