Hi girls...guess what...Punky Brewster (Soleil Moon Frye) is expecting at the end of August. This is fun news for me since when I was a kid everyone called me Punky b/c I looked just like her!! Hilarious!

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Punky Brewster is headed for motherhood.
Former child star Soleil Moon Frye, best known for her title role as the plucky orphan on the 1980s NBC sitcom "Punky Brewster," is expecting her first child at the end of August with producer-husband Jason Goldberg, a spokeswoman for the couple said.

Frye 28, and Goldberg, 34, producer of the upcoming film comedy "Guess Who," starring Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher, married in October 1998.

According to People magazine, the pair met in 1996, four years after she underwent highly publicized breast reduction to help ease back problems. On its Web site, the magazine quoted an unnamed friend as saying that Frye, now four months pregnant, has avoided asking doctors about the gender of her baby-to-be because "she wants to be surprised."

Frye gained fame in the 1980s as television's Punky Brewster, a young girl who, after being abandoned by her parents, sets up housekeeping with her dog in an empty apartment -- until she is taken in by the building manager, Henry, a middle-aged bachelor played by George Gaynes.

NBC also aired an animated version of the show, titled "It's Punky Brewster," on Saturday mornings.

Frye later was a regular for three years on the ABC sitcom "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch." She recently directed and produced the documentary "Sonny Boy," about a road trip she took with her father, Virgil Frye, a veteran actor, stuntman and makeup artist who now suffers from Alzheimer's disease.