FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
VACATION!!!  Who needs one?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

VACATION!!! Who needs one?

Aleks said she's going away for two weeks...where???

I am pushing my DH to schedule something...anything!!! Since I hate where I work, I'm not trying to "save up" vacation time so I have extended maternity leave - cuz I ain't goin back!!!!

Of course I'm getting the savings speech. Hey! I don't care if we grab a tent and sleep in the back yard...I just think it's important to have a week off together.

We don't like to sit around a lot so I'm not sure what type of vacation would be right. All I know is...we are getting the largest tax refund in our history and other than paying off a bunch of bills, I was to ask if we can use a small part for a mini vacation.

Where is everyone going on their last vacation? Are you taking one? Any suggestions for me???
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

2. Advertisement

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a vacation before the baby comes sounds divine! Who knows when you'll have time again? It'll be different when you're either toting baby with you or wondering about how baby is doing is someone is watching her.
    Definitely go while you can!
    Unfortunately for me our Hawaiian vacation was probably it for a while. It was fabulous though--but it sure still is dreary and cold around here--come on already spring!

Lynn
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Flea I totally agree! EVERYONE is telling us to go somewhere but where??? I really would love one last horah vacation!!

Ideas, ideas!!

Maybe we could meet somewhere!! LOL!! I got it!! All of us August Hot Mamas could meet up!! YAY, that would be so fun!

maria04
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm leaving on the 26th for the middle Keys with plans to go to Miami and Key West. Flea, I see you are from CT also. I'm dying to go somewhere warm since CT has had an eternal winter, so it seems. Neither Dh nor I sits around much either, which is why I wanted the middle Keys so we could drive in either direction, get out, and wander. I've always loved beaches, but not to lie on them. I just like the water, the sun, the casual atmosphere. I can't wait. And it'll be over before I know it.
    Maria

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    hmmm...good idea Maria - I've never been to the keys.

Does anyone know when the cut off for flying is?
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

wildfire
    is a nursing student!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    Discovery.com has great ideas and money savers

bigyellowdog98
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Florida was it for us, I am cut off from flying now anyway. I think they ususally say no unnecessary flying in the last trimester. Anything warm would be great! I think spring maybe comming though - the robins and geese are back.
    Susan 33 Todd 32
    Sarah Ann May 19,2003
    Madison Elizabeth & Emily Grace July 18,2005 - both 5lbs 10 oz at 37w3d

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I was told no flying in month 9. But maybe I just heard what I wanted to hear!

Last real vacation....Let's see...2002 after I graduated with my Masters. Went to Cape Cod (and western MA to see relatives, THEN to cape cod). Since then we've done trips to see the in laws but I don't consider that a real vacation. Before Cape Cod was 1995 to HI to run the HI marathon. I guess I need to get out more.

Amy

jeninsfca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    DH and I have been talking about this a lot the last couple of weeks and we are going to try to make a decsion over the weekend. I think it's really important and Lynn is right, even when we travel afterwards, with our with out the baby, things will be different.

I doubt we will take a full week, but we are thinking 4 or 5 days somewhere not too far, like San Diego or Seattle. A friend of mine who is due in July and lives on the east coast is going to Hilton Head which sounds really nice, but a little too far and expensive for us to get there. Vegas sounds really fun, but I think the smoke smell would drive me crazy. Too bad, they have so many fun places to eat and that is hobby #1 for me right now.

I think my OB said the cut-off for flying was 28 weeks, but that was way back at my first appointment in January and my memory just ain't what it used to be.
    Jen 36, DH 36
    TTC #1 5 years. IVF #1BFN, FET #1 BFP!

Harper, born 7/9/05!

So lucky to be an AHM!

Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to Cuba with my friends, but I found out I was pg. Then my family went to Cuba (just got back last week) but I could not go with them because I can't fly anywhere due to being a high risk. My dr. said nowhere where there is no medical attention cause of the blood thinner injections I take, etc...So we decided that we will drive down to Florida. It is very cold here in Canada, so I am dying for some warmth! We have an RV and we are camping crazy family so it is another adventure for us. We are taking our dd and our dog (dog for the first time as I have no dog sitter) and going down to the Clearwater/Tampa Area. I love it there. We are staying at an RV park with pool and playground and we are not too far from beaches and pet park. I don't know for how long we are staying yet. We will decide once we get there but it might be a week or two plus travel time. So all together I might be gone for 1.5 or 2.5 weeks. It is the last vacation before the 2nd baby comes. As I said before I will miss you guys a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aleks
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

3 x (tx with immune issues) 2 beautiful girls on baby aspirin and Fragmin injections:
    #1 Adriana b. July/02
    #2 Anika b. Aug/05 aka "Cookie"
    Forever AHM... LYMI!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast