FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
OB appointment today...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mcavy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

OB appointment today...

Hi Ladies,
    I actually had a bit of an eventful visit, and now I think I like the boring ones better, LOL! I am up another 4 pounds, so that's 8 total for the pg, still about half what I had gained at this point with my boys, so good. My BP was up, not sure why?? I usually run low, 100/50-60, it was 148/81 today, not sky high, but higher than normal. I told the OB about my episode last week with my heart racing and shortness of breath and dizziness that lasted over 2 hours. I am now going for a cardiac echo. I have to schedule it tomorrow. She is thinking I have mitral valve prolapse, which is pretty common and not too much you can do about it but be aware. Still, it makes me nervous!! The baby sounded great, HB was 162 and she measured my fundal height, but I forgot to ask what it was since I was preoccupied with other questions. I was sent for the quad screen (they called it a "tetra screen" same thing, I think) and she changed my due date a little bit to August 19th instead of 21st (it has to be as close as possible for a reliable quad screen result) So, I'm actually 16 weeks, 5 days now, YAY! My u/s is scheduled for March 22, too, so a little under 2 weeks away. I also changed my prenatal vits from Prenate Elite to one without the stool softener, as for some reason I am not having issues with constipation, so the stool softener isn't needed and was causing me to spend LOTS of time in the bathroom, TMI! Overall, not a bad visit, just lots of testing to get through in the next few weeks for me and baby.
    Well, I just wanted to update. I have to get my 2 little boogers ready for bed.
    Michele
    Michele
    PCO, 34 years old
    7 years
    5 years
    14 months
    Forever AHM!

2. Advertisement

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Michele, you did have a little more excitement. Good luck at the echo appointment. I hope all turns out perfect!
    Baby's heartrate is strong, strong, strong....as my doctor would say "I am betting that's a girl in there!!)

Good luck, and keep us posted!!

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    Whew ok that is March's fault again. I am blaming everything on March now. I also have MVP it is annoying at times but usually thats about it. If you do have it make sure they know that when they give you meds from now on. Having that can sometimes be irritated even more by some meds. Let us know after your echo.
    Take Care,
    Tammie

Baker
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great hb on your little one!
    Keep us updated on your echo.

Jess
    Me (25) DH (27)

Draven Luke Baker
    August 6, 2005
    7 lbs 1 oz 21 inches
    2 months- 13 lbs 12 ozs 24.5 inches

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How could a problem be named MVP??? Seems a little oxy-moron-ish! Do you have to wait long for the echo? I hope not.

I agree with Erin...that is a very pink...I mean strong heartbeat!

Here's to your next test being completely boring - a real snoozer!!!!
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    michele...
    sounds like a good appt! glad you got all your questions answered. can't wait to hear about that u/s!

sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i must have missed this post somehow, now i know what you mean with the echo, hope all goes well, good luck.
    Linda

Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the strong hb. I also thing it's a gril in there. Good luck with your echo and keep us posted.

Aleks
    edd Aug 14/05
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

3 x (tx with immune issues) 2 beautiful girls on baby aspirin and Fragmin injections:
    #1 Adriana b. July/02
    #2 Anika b. Aug/05 aka "Cookie"
    Forever AHM... LYMI!

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the echo and the "tetra screen" all turn out to be normal. Nice strong hb! It DOES sound like a little sister in there!

Lynn
    EDD: 8/1
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01