FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
A day in the life of...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A day in the life of...

I thought it would be nice to share what an average day is like. There are so many SuperWomen on this board that can all give insight to how we get everything done. We have StayAtHomeMoms, Mom's who work (too hard - yes, Susan that means you), working preggo girls, and maybe girls who have already stopped working.

Maybe you can share what a day is like, how you get things done, how much you have to do, how much help you get, etc. Please share a week day - as we all know that our lives are much more interesting on the weekends!

A day in the life of FLEA
    Alarm rings at 6:30am and I hit snooze until 7:00am. Shower and as I'm brushing my teeth (Sonic Care 30 secs in each quadrant), I run downstairs naked to make my small pot of decaf with my left hand only - think adult A.D.D.! Iron my clothes and let Daddy kiss my belly (his office is next to the laundry room), blow dry and apply makeup while Daddy goes and starts my car. Grab my "snack" bag and fill it with water, juice, oatmeal, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese (YES THIS IS WHY I'M ENORMOUS) and leave the house by 8:10am. If Daddy is busy or not home, then I also have Sparky duty which means feeding her and letting her outside to pee and poo.

I'm at work at 8:30am and the days are busy. 4 people just quit from our 8 person office and due to the fact that I know everything and am also very efficient...I've gotten a little bit of everyone's job. I do meeting/event planning and incentive trips. I source properties, souce gifts, I create the websites, create databases, budgets, do all of the invoicing and reconcilliations, wrap all the gifts, make all the name badges and am the assistant to the workaholic president among my real duties. We have about 30 programs a years with 25 to 800 attendees. I do leave and go home at lunch so that I can let Sparky out, have a bowl of cereal and race back because I'm already behind. Trust me girls...Morning sickness was not an option! The day has been ending (lately) anywhere between 5:30pm and 7:30pm. If it ends at 5 (not in the winter) I go and take Sparky to the park when I get home.

I go to the supermarket on the way home from work because I noticed that we save money that way. I was throwing out so many things we just never got to. I go home and cook dinner and wait for Brian to get home from the gym. I know it's bad...but we eat in front of the TV...but always say grace first because we are thankful for everything we have. We usually go up to bed at around 9 or 10, depending on how exhausted we are. The dishes wait for the morning and since I've gotten pregnant, Brian now does them.

As you can see, my life is spent working for others. I do not want to look for another job until January - no I will not return to this craziness - but if we need another income, I am happy to help out.

I am very excited to go to work for my baby. At least it will be rewarding to me.
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

2. Advertisement

KristiL
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to post my daily ritual, but it would tire me too much to think about it all!

I have two sons (3 and 18 mos.). We wake at 6:00 a.m. (not to mention the night wakings with the little one), leave the house at 7:30 and drive 45 mins. to the sitter's house. I get to work by 9:00 a.m. and am pretty much exhausted already!

Work all day, go home and do it all over again!!!!!!!!!
    Kristi
    Mommy to
    Kyler - 4!!!
    Kaden - 2!!!
    Shayleigh Kateri - 7/31/05

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    my day is going to seem rather cushy after listening to fleas!
    so, the alarm goes off around 7....we snooze til 7:15-7:30. bobby gets up and showers, and lets the pooch out to pee and goes to work for 7:45-8. i get a call from the office around 8 with my assignment for the day. usually eat breakfast aroun 8:30. then dress/shower/makeup. i'm usually out of the house by 9:30-10am to start seeing pts. i travel locally, and see 5-6 patients a day (i'm a VNA RN). i'm usually home by 3-3:30, when i come home and CHOW!! i eat lunch on the road (sometimes home packed, sometimes not). so i have my second lunch at 3-3:30. then i usually watch oprah and finish my paperwork on my laptop from my visits. dh gets home around 4:45 and we eat dinner around 5-6ish. then i hang out and visit with my cousin and her boys and check FT, and then watch some TV, and i'm in bed by 9-9:30pm.
    i'd like to note, that i LOVE my job, and i'm very thankful i do something that i can both make some $$ at and that i really enjoy! after the baby comes, i'll be cutting down from 5 days a week to 3 days a week.
    good idea, flea! who's next?
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is fun! Flea great description! Kristi, I know what you mean by do it all over again...

My wonderful DH wakes me up at 5:30am (one of my favorite things about my husband is that he wakes me up every day...I haven't woken to an annoying alarm in years!!)
    I brush my teeth, pull my hair back, put on my workout clothes and head to the gym (following my hubby since he showers at the gym and heads to work...I go back home to get ready). We get to the gym by 6am. Since pregnant I am pretty much just sticking to walking on the treadmil for an hour while reading the latest hot steamy sex novel! LOL. It's a great workout and I burn over 500 calories (I wonder if it's the sex novel burning all those calories, lol!! ) I use a heartrate monitor and try to keep my heartrate between 140 and 150. So I usually walk on level 6 at 3.5-4.0 mph.
    Then at 7:15 I head back home to shower, watch a little Today Show, put on make up, get dressed, etc. Sometime I will watch a show I taped from the night before if I fell asleep early or watched something else.
    Then at

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    oops, hit the wrong button....

...continued from last post...

8:30ish I eat my bagel, pack my lunch and head to work by 9:00-9:15ish.. I work for my mom and dad so start time is flexible between 9-9:30ish...Our company is an American Heart Association National Training site and we sell AEDs, train companies/industry on CPR and First Aid, and lease Oxygen Equipment. It's fun since I take my dog to work and work with my mom and dad. Relaxing at times, stressful at other times. Oh, during the day I also check my fertile thoughts to see how my girls are doing!!
    Then I leave work around 5ish, 6ish, 7ish, depending on how many games my mom and I play on the internet (spades!) fun!
    Then I go home to my sweet husband where we do our normal OCD routines (picking out clothes, taking off make up, un-making the bed, sorting the mail, etc). Then we watch our "shows" depending on the night. We LOVE 24, Amazing Race, We like American Idol, Survivor, Apprentice, etc!
    Then I usually fall asleep during a show, he wakes me up to put me to bed and reads our daily progress on the pregnancy, kisses my belly and I am off to dreamland!!

Until, it starts all over the next day!!

Next?

babyluv
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    you left us hanging gal!!

up 7
    feed 2 kids
    take big one to school. hub takes little one to nanny/sitter
    go to work
    stay on feet most of day at work
    leave work at.4:30 on good days, 7pm on bad days
    pick up one or both of kids from school or sitter
    (live in BIG city so add in commute 40 minutes doing this each day one way)
    fix some kind of easy dinner (eggs, noodles, soup, frozen pizza, burger King then rotate it all again, we are semi vegetarian out of laziness)
    clean kitchen
    bathe 2 kids, jammies, books, sing, prayers. kids down at 8
    wash 2 loads, fold one sort one.
    pack kids bags and make lunches for next day.
    sort thru junk mail, clean up toys and assorted disasters left in trail of hurrying to and home each day (does anyone know what i mean??)
    talk to friend or mom or email a bit
    shower
    bed at 11 or 12.

Thats my work days. I do 4 days a week. Home days are spent doing laundry, visiting elderly relatives, play dates, park and usually I walk on those days....

not sure how we will add the third child in to this mix!!
    eeks! (i already hardly have personal time except on my days off (today) when little one naps and big one plays in his room for a few hours!!

babyluv
    babyluv
    #3-It's a Boy! EDC 8/26/05
    Breech- Sch c/s 8/15/05
    Oops, didn't make it!
    Thomas James, b 8/3/05

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok ladies here's my exciting day:

6:30 DH wakes me as he kisses me good-bye and heads to work,
    I listen to baby w/Babybeat, get up and make a protein shake and read the newspaper, start laundry if it's Monday or Friday
    DD wakes about 7:30, I get her dressed and give her breakfast
    If it's a preschool day or French day I drive her there then come home and work on editing that book I mentioned in an earlier post
    I pick up DD at 11:30 and give her and me lunch, then listen to baby again
    1pm walk the poochies (2 bichons) and get the mail
    Afternoon used to be runnning errands or cleaning the house but now I'm on 4 hrs modified bedrest so I park my carcass on the sofa and play w/DD from there and try to watch Dr Phil.
    6pm start making dinner--DH comes home around 7pm and we eat, play with and bathe DD and head off to bed by 9:30 and a final listen to baby!

So exciting huh?

Next?

Lynn
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok here we go.

alarm goes at 7.30am dh already gone to work, he leaves at 7.15am, snooze until 7.45, get dressed and ready,wake up eldest son, get his clothes ready, he dresses and goes downstairs and makes his own breakfast, while i get the other 2 up dressed and ready (sometimes) or sometimes if we are running late they stay in thier PJ's till we get back from school run. the youngets 2 just have some milk, then we take big brother to school, leave at 8.40am, home by 8.50-8.55. then we have breakfast, i get to read the paper (sometimes) then depending whats going on we go out, to the park, to friends, coffee mornings stuff like that, lunch at 12.00 drop ds no.2 to nursery for 1pm, come home put ds.no 3 to bed, then i get 2 hours to myself, sometimes i rush around doing house stuff, sometimes i dont then i usually have to wake babe, to pick up middle ds leave at 3pm, pick him up at 3.30, rush to next village to pick up eldest who also finishes school at 3.30, luckily they are always out late, and there is a long driveway up to the school, so by the time i get to the bottom of the drive he is just coming down, he also walks down with another mum i know incase i get delayed she waits with him, until i arrive. home, start tea, help eldest with homework while doing tea, and watching/refereeing the youngest. eat at 5ish, dh is usually not home until probably 6ish, he comes in and takes out the dogs (2x labradors) then eats his tea, i sometimes eat with him, but these days i eat with the kids as i cant wait. play for a while, then bath kids and youngest 2 are in bed by 7-7.30, eldest goes to bed at 8ish, then we potter around, check out the hot mamma's, catch up on emails, chat to dh, then bed, but thursday nights i go out with my mum, i take her to bingo. fridays i have friends round for tea, with thier kids, its bedlam, but good fun.
    Linda