FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I'm back...LONG update

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm back...LONG update

Hi gals

I've been absent for a couple weeks, but I'm back. I've been on VERY restricted activities (not even yoga) but...

I saw the high risk dr (remember, I'm ANCIENT in maternal years) and I can now stand/walk a whole HOUR at a time (up from 45 minutes) and I can do my yoga. Still no walking to the park (it's a mile each way) etc. THe placenta is touching the cervix, so that could have created the bleeding and he says 4-6 weeks of no bleeding before he releases me to normal activities (but not my version of normal activities). If I make it to Wednesday with no bleeding, then I'll be 3 weeks with no spotting or bleeding!

HOWEVER I was in for a level 2 u/s anyway...and we know the sex! The baby looked very good, everything in it's place and stuff. That's the only good thing about being ancient...I have more pix of the baby at various stages than anyone I know.

Anyway, I hope to be online a little more. We might be doing another move in the near future which is creating just a weee bit of stress.

I have been keeping up with most of the posts and it looks like we're all moving along pretty good!

Oh, and we're having a ...

GIRL!!!!!

Amy

2. Advertisement

mcavy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amy,
    Congrats on your little girl! I hope the bleeding/spotting stays away and you can get to be a little more active as time passes. Hopefully the placenta will grow away from your cervix and not cover it.
    Michele
    PCO, 34 years old
    7 years
    5 years
    14 months
    Forever AHM!

Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great news, that everything is looking great. Too bad with the placenta but lets hope it will move and you will be able to do more. Congratulations on having a girl and we are looking forward to hearing from you more now that you are back!

Aleks
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

3 x (tx with immune issues) 2 beautiful girls on baby aspirin and Fragmin injections:
    #1 Adriana b. July/02
    #2 Anika b. Aug/05 aka "Cookie"
    Forever AHM... LYMI!

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats AMY! A girl--how wonderful! Take care with that placenta, I'm hoping it moves out of the "danger zone" but remember, this time of reduced activity is very short in the scheme of things and so worth it.

Glad you are doing well!

Lynn
    EDD: 8/1 IT'S A GIRL!
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am soooo excited that you are doing so well and that you're having a girl too! I didn't think it was possible for us OLD chicks! Every single friend of mine, sisters included, have had boys after the age of 30!!!

I know it's probably driving you nuts to not be active...but give it some more time!

Congrats Amy! I'm so glad you're okay!!!
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    Whew I am so glad you and the babe are all ok. And congrats on having a girl in there!!! How fun is this with everyone finding out! Please take it easy, I know first hand how boring and uncomfortable it can be to be placed on restriction, but it is sooo worth it in the long run. I have been on what I call house arrest since week 6 of all this and at week 20 I will be on strict bed rest for the duration of the pg. Thats a lonnng time to be down and out but when I get to see my beautiful babies faces staring back at me when this is all said and done it will be sooo very worth it all.
    Take care,
    Tammie

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Back Amy! I hope you remain strong and bleeding free!
    Take it easy...your sweet DAUGHTER needs you!

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are great!

THanks for the great thoughts! I know the restricted activities are for the best, but GHHHEEZ...I'm a very active person...running marathons and such.

BUt my health insurance does have a nurse line where they touch base and give you help if you need it and if I do go to strict bedrest, then I know there is a site where people who have had similar experiences will be paired with me to help me through it.

And I can't tell you how thrilled I am it's a girl...as is my mom. ANd all of my friends...all of whom have BOYS. Only one other girl in the circle of kids...and she'll be 18 mos older so they might pal around later in life..who knows?

Thanks again for all your support!

Amy
    18 weeks today (3/7/05)

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    great update, glad to see you back, oh my!!! a girl how fantastic, how exciting.

congratulations.
    Linda

Baker
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad your doing better! I hope that bleeding/spotting stays away for the rest of your pregnancy, too.

CONGRATS! On the little girl!

Jess
    Me (25) DH (27)

Draven Luke Baker
    August 6, 2005
    7 lbs 1 oz 21 inches
    2 months- 13 lbs 12 ozs 24.5 inches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast