FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Feeling down...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AtoZduo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Feeling down...

Hi. I don't know if it is just hormones or what.. but I have been more than a little down lately..not to mention way emotional..(poor Dh).
    It is really stressful at work-(I am seriously re-considering another career choice...), my Dh is leaving town-(again for another week..last time he left I started spotting... ),
    my Grandfather is not doing well and my Mom called today to say he may not make it much longer, I can't sleep at all-(average 3-4 hrs. a night..(ordered a body pillow today to help....??) .....etc. etc...etc... I could go on and on....
    Just wondering if anyone else feels down...
    I feel so guilty. I should feel so happy and blessed right now.
    Instead, I feel like throwing a pity party....
    Boo hoo.
    Andrea
    Ava & Zachary- 7-19-05

Proud to be an AHM

2. Advertisement

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    Oh honey I am so sorry you are feeling down. I'm sure all thoes things combined would make anyone feel a little blue. Take it easy, try to take some time for yourself to feel better. Try calling your OB and see if there is something you can take to help you sleep a little better. I have heard some of the other ladies on the general board say that they have taken Tylonol PM to get some sleep. Maybe that would help.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Tammie

bigyellowdog98
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea

I think we have all been there - I know I have. Sometimes it is just overwhelming! I will say a prayer for your Grandfather - I lost my Grandmother at 4 months along with dd - something that was very hard especially being pregnant. Hormones do rotten things they make you so sad sometimes. Try to take things one day at a time and focus on the end result. Remember you have wonderful family and friends and all of us here to support you.
    I hope your DH has a safe and speedy trip - just think when he comes back you will be one week closer to meeting your babies!

Oh and the body pillow will really help. Also try 1 Unisom tablet before bed, they are safe and really helped get some sleep in the beginning.

Susan 33 Todd 32
    Sarah Ann May 19,2003
    Madison Elizabeth & Emily Grace July 18,2005 - both 5lbs 10 oz at 37w3d

Baker
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea sorry your feeling so down. I know exactly how you feel. I get so moody/emotional at times I can't even stand to be around myself.

I'll be praying for your grandfather too!

Also, wanted to vote for the unisom or Tylenol PM. Both were okay'd by my OB. I had to take the unisom for morning sickness, and it helped wonders, but also made me sleepy. If you take it, make sure you have about 12 hours that you can devote to sleep.

Jess
    Me (25) DH (27)

Draven Luke Baker
    August 6, 2005
    7 lbs 1 oz 21 inches
    2 months- 13 lbs 12 ozs 24.5 inches

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi andrea!
    i'm so sorry you've been feeling down. our hormones are so wacky right now, and it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. like everyone else said, try taking it one day at a time, and don't sweat the small stuff. i'm taking a prenatal yoga class, and it's helping me to relax quite a bit.
    i'll also say a prayer for your grandfather. i lost mine in 2000, and i still miss him. he was the best. i hope his health improves!
    take care of yourself, and that belly!

sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrea,
    I'm so sorry you are feeling down. I'm sure the hormones have a large role in that! I have been so moody and irritable which is not normal at all for me.
    I'm praying your job pressures ease and your grandfather's health improves. And yes, the body pillow is a Godsend right now--enjoy it when it comes!
    Hope you can sleep better very soon!

((hugs))

Lynn
    EDD: 8/1
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sad to hear about your Grandfather. You certainly don't need this now and I hope you and him feel better soon. The hormons have a lot to do with your mood as well. Try to get some more support to keep your mind off. I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers for your family.

Aleks
    edd Aug 14/05
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

3 x (tx with immune issues) 2 beautiful girls on baby aspirin and Fragmin injections:
    #1 Adriana b. July/02
    #2 Anika b. Aug/05 aka "Cookie"
    Forever AHM... LYMI!

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like we've all been there. Sometimes the blues are cyclical and it's hard to turn them around. I think the hormones actually help that because we become psycho and start laughing moments after crying.

I was worried that I was driving my DH insane...but I guess he must be getting used to it.

Don't stress at work because it truly is not worth it. I am going to try and stay here until the baby is born...and then go for the career change! I've taken on a different attitude and I've tried to slow down a lot.

I'm so sorry about your grandfather. I will keep him in my prayers.

Just know that you're not alone and we all are here with you!
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sweetheart. Yep, I have been there too. Sometimes I just feel like I am on a roller coaster of mood swings! Happy, Crying (for no reason), sad, mad, major Bit**, etc!
    Hug that sweet pup of yours! Dogs are so sweet that they usually make you realize how lucky we all are!
    You are blessed but also blessed (i guess) with raging hormones!
    I hope your Grandfather makes a wonderful turn around!
    When your husband leaves town, maybe try to take some time for yourself and keep yourself busy with housework (nesting) or make some dinner plans with girlfriends, or your family!
    Hang in there!!

Lots of from me too!!

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to hear your grandfather isnt too well, i'm not surprised you feel down even with out these hormones you would be pretty down, i know i cry at the drop of a hat these days, i stopped today to let an old lady cross the road in front of me, bless her she had been waiting there ages, so i stopped and she walked across so slowly and these cars behind me were honking there horns impatiently, and i looked at this old lady and she looked at me, and smiled to say thanks, and i just lost it, i dont know why just could not stop crying for about 10 mins. mad.

but hey this is your post sorry.......i'm sure with a good night sleep you will feel better able to cope with work and hubby being away, and the worry of your grandad. call a few girlfriends over while hubby is away and have a girly night in, that always cheers me up when i do that. and try those tablets the other girls have mentioned sounds like a good idea just to get your body back to the habit of sleeping longer than just a few hours,

take care.
    Linda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast