FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
practice time

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

practice time

hey girls....
    so i'm a pregnant single mom for the weekend! good practice. dh went to a bachelor party for the weekend (in canada no less.....boys (they will never grow up to be men in my eyes) are SO dumb) and my cousin and her older kids went skiing, but their 3 year old doesn't ski yet, so he and i are hanging out for the weekend! so far so good.
    i've had joey since thursday after work, and i got a tast of what it's going to be like to be a working-out-of-the-home mom.....getting myself ready, getting joey ready, getting my assignment from work (which changed 12 times)....quite the challenge! but, i'll hopefully find a routine and get things to go smoothly. maybe i'll have to dry my hair at night so it's less work in the morning.
    anywho, thought i'd say hi. hope you all have a fun weekend!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

2. Advertisement

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi sarah, hows it going?, you can come and practise on mine 'anytime' just pop over the atlantic, just a few hours.

yes you soon learn a whole new routine, i shower and dry my hair at night too, mornings.......pah forget it, the youngest 2 are normally not even dressd when we do the morning drop of to school, luckily he just jumps out of the car and i dont need to walk him up any more. a friend of mine when she had her third was doing the drop off at school, and one of the parents saw her and was chatting through the window of the car praising her, saying ''oh i dont know how you do it, you look so well, up and about and at school on time....blah blah blah'' and my friend was lapping it up saying ''yes, well you know'' and then this woman says, ''i love your new car we were thinking of getting one of these, what is the boot space like would you mind showing me'', so my friend has to get out of the car in her PYJAMA BOTTOMS, she had only quickly changed the top half LOL, she was mortified, and the woman speaking to her didnt say a word. ha ha at least i learnt from her mistake and i am always dressed, my teeth may not always be brushed though,
    Linda

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    lindey...
    it is a totally different world. i'm missing my family big time though....not that joey isn't good conversation at 3 years old, but ALL my friends/fam are gone for the weekend, so it's JUST us....no one else to chat with! we've now watched the spongebob squarepants movie FIVE times and i'm about to smash the DVD into peices!! luckily, today i have my prenatal yoga class, so that's an hour and a half of pure "me-time"! i'm going to bring joey over to my MIL's to be babysat. he loves my brother in laws to peices!
    hope you had a good weekend! funny story about your friend in her pj's! i could totally see me doing that! lol....
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Lindey, I am already doing that!! Last night I had changed into my pj's and took off all my makeup, and pulled my hair back. Then my husband (has been sick lately) decides he wants to go out to dinner! So I threw on jeans and a sweatshirt (no bra, no socks) and went to dinner! I wasn't about to get dressed for the second time!! LOL, thank goodness we didn't see anyone!!

Sarah, you sound like you are doing great! Thank Goodness our babies won't come out of the womb three years old! We'll have time to adjust and they grow!! Three years old is hard!!

Go SpongeBob! Wonder what the craze will be when ours are three?

Baker
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lindey, that was a great story. Just what I needed- a good laugh.

Well Sarah, it's Sunday now, so I guess your weekend of "pracitce" is coming to an end. It sounds as though you are doing a great job.

Jess
    Me (25) DH (27)

Draven Luke Baker
    August 6, 2005
    7 lbs 1 oz 21 inches
    2 months- 13 lbs 12 ozs 24.5 inches

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup, the weekend ended with joey falling asleep on my belly while we were watching oprah (lol...guess it was boring for him). he's quite the cuddlebug.
    funny story....saturday we went over to visit my cousin who was up from North Carolina with her 4month old baby. the baby was sleeping when we got there, so joey just went around playing. when the baby woke up, i brought it into show him, and i said "joey, see the baby?" and he looked up at me (now he's 3 mind you) and had a confused look on his face and he said "you baby? you take it out?!?!" i had to laugh and say "no, this is stef's baby. my baby is still in my belly. it's not ready to come out yet" too cute, huh!
    it was good to have my cousin and her other boys come home, and then to have dh come home. i missed them while they were all gone this weekend!
    thanks for keeping me company!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What great stories Sarah!
    I'm sure you were great with Joey! He sounds like a living doll! I've had to babysit all 5 nephews at once...and did not have the same weekend you had!

Glad it went well for you and I hope the stag party wasn't too crazy
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!