FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Good and boring peri appointment

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    lotus
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good and boring peri appointment

Had my appointment on Friday morning. Poor peri was up all night on call so my appointment took 2.5 hours because he was running late, even though we talked for only 15 minutes! Everyone, including the nurses appologized profusely. I didnt mind it though because everyone in the clinic is so nice and the peri is such a nice guy. I got the hear the babies HB again. Baby A was at 160 bpm and Baby B was at 162 bpm.

The interesting news is that I'm 17 weeks and he said my uterus was the size of a 20 week, which is normal for a twin pregnancy. I cannot imagine what a triplet or greater pregnancy is like! All I have to say is to Tammy and the other triplet+ moms!

Also talked to my mom and she said that her pregnancy, my sister's, and pretty much my entire family have "big bellys" during pregnancy. I'm going to be HUGE as these will be the first set of twins in my familiy. I'm literally scared of "popping".

Next appointment is in two weeks on March 11th. Its the u/s to find out the sexes! YIPPIE! I'm so excited and want to know SO BAD, which of course will mean I won't!

Thanks for listening to my ramble!
    Last edited by lotus; 02-27-2005 at 04:45 AM.
    Jen
    / twins, born 7/12/05

Proud to be a "used" AHM!

2. Advertisement

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jen, what a great appointment! That is really exciting!
    I just want to go on the record as saying that I think you are having two girls...I can't wait to find out!
    Congratulations and I hope all your appointments are this wonderful!! Also, I don't think I have ever had more than 15 minutes with any doctor!!
    PS: I hope you don't pop, although I think we are all going feel like we will! Our bodies do such amazing things, huh?

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's hear it for the boring appts! Sorry about the wait though--you were a very good sport about it.
    My first inclination (going by the hb theory) is also that you are having 2 girls.
    Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes!

Glad all is well!

Lynn
    8/1
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    That sounds like a great appointment!! I totally think its two pretty princesses in there as well. I totally feel your pain with the popping. They say that with a triplet pg your uterus will measure 40 weeks at only 20! Yikes! It seems like your not going to be to far behind my big huge belly.
    I look foward to hearing about your Mar 11th appointment! Cant wait to hear what you have in there!
    Tammie

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like a great appt! i can't wait to see if these predictions from our own nostradomus-es are correct!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I looooooooove boring appoitments. How exciting!!! Too bad you had to wait this long but it was all worth it to hear the h/b. Nice and strong. Great!

Aleks
    16w1d
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

3 x (tx with immune issues) 2 beautiful girls on baby aspirin and Fragmin injections:
    #1 Adriana b. July/02
    #2 Anika b. Aug/05 aka "Cookie"
    Forever AHM... LYMI!

Baker
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thrilled everything went ok!!
    Me (25) DH (27)

Draven Luke Baker
    August 6, 2005
    7 lbs 1 oz 21 inches
    2 months- 13 lbs 12 ozs 24.5 inches

jeninsfca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait for the 11th! Great news, Jen. I am going to go with the consensus and say you've got two girls in there.
    Jen 36, DH 36
    TTC #1 5 years. IVF #1BFN, FET #1 BFP!

Harper, born 7/9/05!

So lucky to be an AHM!