FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
My ob appt went well....

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

My ob appt went well....

I went to my ob yesterday and he really scared me. He could not find the h/b for quite sometime. I just heard it the day before so at first I was not too worried but after a while I started to freak out. It seemed like eternity but he finally found it and even he admitted that he got worried there for a moment! H/b was 159 bpm. He told me to make an appt in 3 wks for an u/s to check the entire baby. I thought it would be in 5 but hey, I am so happy it will be sooner and maybe I will find out the sex!!! He looked over my blood tests results and u/s results from my nightmare at the hospital 2 wks ago and all seemed ok. He still insists that my edd is going to be Aug 14th so according to him I am 15w5d not 15w as I originally thought. Oh well, the further the better, right?

Aleks
    new edd Aug 14th/05
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

3 x (tx with immune issues) 2 beautiful girls on baby aspirin and Fragmin injections:
    #1 Adriana b. July/02
    #2 Anika b. Aug/05 aka "Cookie"
    Forever AHM... LYMI!

2. Advertisement

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, due date buddy, we are 15w5d!! Isn't it so exciting!
    Your appointment sounded great! I am glad your scare of not finding the heartbeat right away was met with wonderful news, and a very healthy heartbeat!!
    Speaking of your nightmare night, how is your house? The fire? Everything okay from that night? I was thinking about you yesterday!
    Can't wait to hear about your appointment in 3 weeks! I hope you can find out what you are having!!

Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for asking, my house is fine. It turned out it was the furnace's compressor and engine that went. The elements were burning and therefore the smell. It costed us arm and a leg to fix it because my furnace is one of those ground heat source system and because they are not that common, it costs more to fix it. They are very efficient so eventually the cost will even out... On top of that my water tank is leaking so there goes another expense but we have to do it because last think I need is a flood.....Always something.....

Aleks - your edd buddy...
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

3 x (tx with immune issues) 2 beautiful girls on baby aspirin and Fragmin injections:
    #1 Adriana b. July/02
    Forever AHM... LYMI!

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to get those huge expenses out of the way before baby arrives!! It just stinks that it happens all at once! Hopefully you can recoup before August! When the real expense arrives!!

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    aleks....
    so happy to hear that your OB appt went well! and even cooler that you get to have your u/s in 3 wks time! yahooo!
    how scary to not be able to find the HB right away....that little stinker was playing a game of hide and seek....very not funny!
    also glad to hear that the furnace thing is fixed, although it cost you a small fortune! it's always something, isn't it?
    take care
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    Yippee on the heartbeat!! Love it! How cool to possibly know what you are having in 3 weeks! Geeze we are all really really pregnant arent we!
    I'm sorry about the added expenses, I know that blows. But try not to stress on it. Everything works out in the end.
    Take care!
    Tammie

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so glad your doc found the hb before you totally lost it....nobody needs stress like that! Can't wait to hear the u/s results!
    How nice you got the furnace taken care of--hopefully once the water heater is fixed/replaced you won't have to shell out $$ for anything else before baby arrives.

Thanks for the update!

Lynn
    EDD: 8/1 IT'S A GIRL!
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

AtoZduo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aleks- congrats on hearing that beautiful little h/b.
    Right now they are moving all around so I am sure that is what made if difficult to find right away.
    Have you thought about getting a baby beat for home use?
    I was reluctant to get one, but after reading one, I broke down and rented one on babybeat.com.
    I love it! It is frustrating at first because it takes a while to find the hb, but it is so fun when you do and you can listen with your DH.
    Glad you had a great appt.

Andrea
    Ava & Zachary- 7-19-05

Proud to be an AHM

Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrea, I do have a baby doppler and I use it every evening before I go to sleep. That is why at firt I was not too worried when the dr. could not find it as I heard it the night before. But because it was taking him so long (my dh finds it right away all the time) I got a bit nervous. That doppler is my sanity saver!!!

Aleks
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

#1 Adriana b. July/02
    Forever AHM... LYMI!

lotus
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The baby's HB sounds STRONG! Sorry you had to wait to hear it! I cant imagine how stressful and frightful you must have felt. At least next time will be an u/s!

Hope your little one cooperates during his/her next appointment!
    Jen
    / twins, born 7/12/05

Proud to be a "used" AHM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast