FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
What if I REALLY rebel and........

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    babyluv
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

What if I REALLY rebel and........

REFUSE to get on that dam scale at my visits? I have done this twice before, and am an educated consumer of health care, and if my blood pressure is good and my urine is clear, what if I just DON"T WANT TO KNOW how much weight I have gained?

I am 5' 4" and 125 pre preg and fight to keep it there, and I detest the little dumpling nurse who clucks, clucks her tongue at me. I am having fantasies about REFUSING TO BE WEIGHED........anyone else want to join in and fantasize?

Anyone else hate the march to the scale? I swear these nurses love the power they have with that dam number!!!

ok, maybe i just am having a bad, stupid day...........

babyluv

rebelling!!!
    babyluv
    #3-It's a Boy! EDC 8/26/05
    Breech- Sch c/s 8/15/05
    Oops, didn't make it!
    Thomas James, b 8/3/05

2. Advertisement

jeninsfca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would rebel too if a nurse ever clucked her tongue at me...I might even smack her. So far, the nurses at my OB's office have been nice, but I'm a little worried about my next visit. I feel a little out of control with my appetite, plus it was valentines day, then my b-day, then my nephew's b-day so it's been cake, cake, cake for over a week! I actually contemplated calling to reschedule my next appointment to earlier in the day...I'm set for 1:30 right now which is right after I usually inhale about 5 pounds of food for lunch!

Rebel away babyluv!

I hope tomorrow is a better day.
    Jen 36, DH 36
    TTC #1 5 years. IVF #1BFN, FET #1 BFP!

Harper, born 7/9/05!

So lucky to be an AHM!

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL....take a stand....off the scale, of course! rebel away!
    i'm with jen...if my nurse ever clucked her tongue at me and made me feel like i was doing something wrong, i'd kill her!
    i am a little hesitant to be weighed this time around, too, b/c my diet has not been good at all lately (see my help with food post). but, we'll see how it goes....my appt isn't til 3-18, so i have a lot of eating to do between now and then!
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe the nurse clucks at you. I would be soooooo ticked off!
    Thankfully all my nurses are pleasantly plump themselves and they never say a word--not even how much I weigh!

I have been really packing it on over the last few weeks though. I'm up a total of 10 lbs--which is still fine. I gained that by 12wks w/DD.

My appt yesterday was at 2pm and I have to admit I ate a very light lunch to try to keep the scale from going crazy!

Rebel away!

Lynn
    EDD; 8/1 IT'S A GIRL!
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Soldiers REBEL! If they insist...stand backwards! If they cluck reply "At least I'm pregnant!"

Us fatties need to stand together! I still think I'm leading the group in weight gain. AND if one more person asks if I'm having twins...f-ck it! I'm saying triplets!!!

Now how good do I look????

PS I'm also going to say I'm 45 years old...couldn't hurt to look young too
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys crack me up!!
    I'm with Jen... I would rebel too if a nurse ever clucked her tongue at me...I might even smack her.
    And Flea, triplets at 45 sounds great to me!!

You go girls!!

Go babyluv, rebel girl!!

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    You all are sooo funny! Flea thats hysterical, heck Ill lend you my ultrasounds so you can prove the triplet thing. I was fat to begin with so now its like its accepted because of the triplets.
    I say tell the nurse if she wants to cluck at you then she has to step on the scale next, see how she likes it. Hiss.
    Tammie

mcavy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I did was get on the scales, but BACKWARDS so I couldn't see the numbers. That way the annoying nurse got her number and I didn't have to see it. It really made me feel better
    Michele
    PCO, 34 years old
    7 years
    5 years
    14 months
    Forever AHM!

mcavy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I did was get on the scales, but BACKWARDS so I couldn't see the numbers. That way the annoying nurse got her number and I didn't have to see it. It really made me feel better
    Michele
    PCO, 34 years old
    7 years
    5 years
    14 months
    Forever AHM!

mcavy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michele
    PCO, 34 years old
    7 years
    5 years
    14 months
    Forever AHM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast