FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
ultrasound on Wednesday...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jeninsfca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

ultrasound on Wednesday...

I have no patience at all. I have my routine 18-20 week u/s scheduled for 3/10 which is paid for by my ins. but I am going crazy wanting to see the baby again and wondering if it's boy or a girl. I found a place really close to both my and DH's office that does elective u/s and their prices are resonable so I booked myself for Wednesday evening. I'm so excited, but I feel a little guilty not being able to wait. I just feel like I have been waiting for this baby for 5 years already, I want to know am I going to have a son or a daughter.

Do you all think I'm a nut?
    Jen 36, DH 36
    TTC #1 5 years. IVF #1BFN, FET #1 BFP!

Harper, born 7/9/05!

So lucky to be an AHM!

2. Advertisement

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i totally do NOT think you're a nut!!! i'm going to get a u/s done that is elective as well, and have it set to video tape. i'm going to get mine done after the MD u/s though, b/c my MD appt is at 19 wks (3-18-05).
    good luck, and have fun! let us know how it goes!!!
    YAY! FUN!
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

CHRISC
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if I will be able to wait either. To know that someone could know the sex if they just looked is so tempting! I can't wait to know. Keep us posted. Any "feeling" about what the sex might be?
    Chris

mcavy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I knew of a place that did elective u/s!! I'd SO get one! When I was pg with my first, I had a friend who's husband was studying to be a radiologist, so he gave me free u/s all the time to practice. He did a fetal echo (looking at the heart) he studied the kidney's and bladder and we knew early on it was a boy. Unfortunately, they moved away, so I didn't get spoiled the second time around or this time either. I can't believe I have to wait another month! With the way I'm nesting, I think the room might get decorated before I know the sex, LOL!
    Let us know what you see on Wednesday!!
    Michele
    PCO, 34 years old
    7 years
    5 years
    14 months
    Forever AHM!

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You are so funny! I can't believe you weren't scheduled until the 10th since we're due around the same time and I'm the 4th. I'm going to wait for this one so my DH and Mom can go. This Friday I go in for just an OB and the bloodwork for Spinabifida so at least they'll check me out!

Good for you! I can't wait to hear what you're having!

Michele - I am so jealous that you were able to see your first that often - how cool!!!
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

jeninsfca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for reassuring me you guys!

This place is so awesome, I might just have to go back again. I called today to make sure it's ok for my mom and sister to come along with DH and they said "Of course!", in fact I can have up to 6 people in the room, including children, so I can bring my niece and nephew, too. Our appointment is at 6:30 so we are all going out to dinner afterward to celebrate. Along with the u/s we get 4 pictures and a video!

The place I am going on the 10th is the same place I went for the nuchal and yes, Flea, I was kind of bummed they couldn't get me in till the 10th, and I had to arm-twist for that!

As far as a "feeling" goes, I guess I will be surprised if it's a girl. I'm not sure if that's a "feeling" or just because DH has all boys in his fam (3 brothers and 2 nephews). Most of my family is thinking boy, too, because I've been craving sour things. I am in love with lemon meringue pie!

Michelle, you might be surprised and find a place near you. I had heard of one place about 45 min. away from me and it's very expensive so I did a google search and found 3 other places much closer and with better prices.

I bet by the time our kids have kids they will rent u/s machines the way we rent dopplers!
    Jen 36, DH 36
    TTC #1 5 years. IVF #1BFN, FET #1 BFP!

Harper, born 7/9/05!

So lucky to be an AHM!

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow Jen - that sounds awesome - quite a celebration!

Do you know if it will be 3-d or 4-d???

You are absolutely right...I hope our beans can get as many scans as they want. I can't even imagine the technology in 20-30 years!!!

PS..still have all the mouth sores from eating EVERYTHING sour!
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

lotus
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely not! I completely know what you mean! Sounds like its going to be a fun event. Have fun and enjoy! I hope the baby does a spread eagle for you!

I'm so jealous!!
    Jen
    / twins, born 7/12/05

Proud to be a "used" AHM!

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    Good thoughts to you! I will send some spread eagle thoughts to the baby!
    Tammie

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    gosh no, i would be sown there like a shot, i have to wait until MID APRIL its killing me, i may have to look into finding one i can pay for, i cant stand the suspense.
    Linda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast