FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
insomnia...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    AtoZduo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

insomnia...

Has anyone had any trouble sleeping lately??
    I go to bed exhausted at around 8:30 each night and then wake up several times throughtout the night-(not just to potty)...
    and I can't get back to sleep! It is miserable.
    I have always been able to sleep.... even when I am stressed out.
    The only thing I can think of is I am primarily a stomach sleeper and in the past week or so with my growing belly, I can no longer sleep on my stomach and be comfortable..and I am trying to find a "comfy" spot... do you think that is it??
    Any advise would be great.....I am truly "sleepless"...
    Andrea
    Ava & Zachary- 7-19-05

Proud to be an AHM

2. Advertisement

Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem. I don't have a problem falling asleep because it happens very fast but when I get up to pee at night, I can't get back. I did have the same problem with my first and found the body pillow be a great help when you get bigger. I am also a belly sleeper so the pillow helps me to sleep sort of a half way on my belly. Also further along I used to put the pillow between my legs so it helped with back pain. I also know that as you get further along the sleeping gets better and then around 8 mths get bad again because of our size and the bladder problems. I really hope that your sleeping gets better before it gets worse. Sorry can't be better help and good luck.

Aleks
    edd Aug19/05
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

3 x (tx with immune issues) 2 beautiful girls on baby aspirin and Fragmin injections:
    #1 Adriana b. July/02
    #2 Anika b. Aug/05 aka "Cookie"
    Forever AHM... LYMI!

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was just about to suggest the same as aleks, the body pillow is a life saver in pregnancy, expecially if you are a stomach sleeper, and later on between your knees and under the bump,it is a god send for your back, why not try going to bed slightly later, just realxing from 8.30 and go to bed at 9.30-10.00, i have found this better for me just recently i was going to bed at 8.30-9.00 in early pregnancy, but now i am not so exhasted although i get a awful tired spot at about 5pm and could easily just shut my eyes and sleep, but with 3 kids wanting tea, and baths thats impossible and it does pass if i make myself busy. but i am sleeping better going to bed slightly later, and not getting up so often for the bathroom, maybe just once sometimes twice.
    Linda

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi andrea...
    i agree with the other girls....my body pillow is a lifesaver! i can't sleep without it. of course, that means i don't sleep snuggled with dh anymore, but oh well! a good nights sleep is worth the sacrifice!
    happy sleeping!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Andrea join the club! In my case I think it's hormonal cuz I've had insomnia since I got pg. I go to sleep at 9:30 or 10 then get up to pee around 2. Then I'm up 'til at least 5am. Of course in the morning I'm exhausted and can't get up!
    I've got my body pillow out and it helps, but I'm still wide awake--soooo frustrating, but probably good practice for those nighttime feedings!

Hang in there!

Lynn
    EDD: 8/1/05
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

lotus
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Argh! I'm going through the same thing. In the past month I've been tossing and turning and waking up anywhere between 2-5AM and not being able to sleep. In the past week, I've been getting up 2-3 times to pee and toss and turn and *fight* to get back to sleep - usually not being able if the potty break is at 4AM or after. I use to go to sleep by suggling DH, and nearly laying on him as I like to sleep on my stomach before this pregnancy also. I can't do this anymore and I think thats part of the problem!

I figure that I can handle this for another 4-5 months! --Then I'm pulling the plug on the two misfits!
    Jen
    / twins, born 7/12/05

Proud to be a "used" AHM!

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Didn't have that problem...until last night! I must have woken up about 10 times. But I had a screaming headache that just wouldn't go away.

I think it's hard to fall back asleep when your body is pumping so much blood and you're thinking about the fact that you might not be able to fall back asleep.

Everyone might disagree with me...but last night (knowing that I didn't have to work today) I turned the TV on, layed on the side that can't see the TV and because I was exhausted but not thinking about falling asleep...I fell asleep.

Try the pillow...and I hope it gets better for you!
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!