FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anybody feel like they're "rushing" this pg?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody feel like they're "rushing" this pg?

I just find myself poring over my calendar and tracking week by week, day by day, wishing this pg would progress faster. I want us all to be down to the last weeks. THen I get mad at myself because I'm not "savoring" each day of the pg. We all know how fast time flies--why do I want it to go even faster?
    I guess a big part of it is I want this baby to big/strong enough so that I "know" everything will be OK--then again you never REALLY know that do you?
    I don't know, I just want my belly to be bigger, baby to be bigger, everything further along.
    Am I making any sense at all?
    Maybe it's just the incredible anticipation of meeting this new little miracle.

Anyone else feel like this?

Lynn
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

2. Advertisement

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually for the first 13 weeks I was just enjoying all the changes and anticipating what's happening..so exciting! Then my nephew was born and I want him/her NOW!! I am really getting excited but as soon as I get that excited I start to get nervous and I am happy that I have 6 more months!!

I am really, really excited for all of us!!

BethB
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nope, I would make it my due date tomorrow if I could. I don't do pregnancy well and while I love the end result I would like to have a 14 week gestation period Although it would make me sad to miss 6 months of my 4 year old's lives so ... lol
    BethB

Andrew and Alyssa - 8
    Julia - 3

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    I would love to be done tomorrow as well. I am so nervous about all the things that can go wrong with this pregnancy, I just want to be at the end. I wish I could see how this all ends up, then I would relax. Too bad I cant do that. I guess when this is all over I will regret wishing away all the time, but until then.... make it be over!
    Tammie

BethB
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    LOL tammie, at least we are on the same page! LOL
    BethB

Andrew and Alyssa - 8
    Julia - 3

babyluv
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with you, Lynn, Beth and Tammy. I hate pg, love babies and can't wait to be done with the pg stress and on to breastfeeding!!! And laughing at how this one fits into our family puzzle........they are such little personalities!!! It's just all fun once they get out......exhausting, mind numbingly exhausting some days, but wonderful!!
    babyluv
    #3-It's a Boy! EDC 8/26/05
    Breech- Sch c/s 8/15/05
    Oops, didn't make it!
    Thomas James, b 8/3/05

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL....i'd like to hurry things along, as well. but i bounce back and forth....one day, i'm thinking how cool this is and how things are going to be even cooler when i feel the baby move, and look HUGELY preggo. but then on the other hand, i'd like to meet my baby now (and have it be 40wks developed). oh well....we don't have any other choice but to wait, do we?!?
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

AtoZduo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn..
    I can relate. I just want to be at the end of this and have two healthy beautiful babies-(boys, girls, one of ea... it doesn't matter).
    I don't think I am doing pregnancy well either. I kind of get freaked out easliy...I think it is that we are really out of control on what happens. I mean, we can take care of ourselves by resting, eating right, taking out vitamins, etc.. but beyond that- it is just nature. Although that is a beautiful thing- right now- it is a nerve wracking thing...
    You are not alone.
    Take care.
    Andrea
    Ava & Zachary- 7-19-05

Proud to be an AHM

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh i can so relate, my weeks go up on tuesdays, and by friday i am saying i am the week ahead already as i am too impatient to wait for tuesday to be another further week along............does that make sense, it does in my brain.
    Linda

Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so totally different. I love being pg!!! I kind of wished my first 12 wks would go by fast only because I did not like to look like I ate too much. Now that I have my beautifull round belly coming out, I love it! Even though I had 3 previous m/c, I am on Fragmin injections that make my legs look like they are beat up to a pulp, I am a very high risk and suseptable to complications, I only have about 73% chance of carrying this pg to terms, I am facing the possiblility of having osteroporosis in the future due to the blood thinners, etc - I still love being pg!!! Thankfully I have no pg symptoms (although sometimes I wished I did), I eat a lot and a lot of everything and nothing bothers me. I want to enjoy every week of this pg as long as I can....

Aleks
    13w1d
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

3 x (tx with immune issues) 2 beautiful girls on baby aspirin and Fragmin injections:
    #1 Adriana b. July/02
    #2 Anika b. Aug/05 aka "Cookie"
    Forever AHM... LYMI!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast