FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
i'm a spaz, and i love my babybeat!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm a spaz, and i love my babybeat!

that baby beat is worth it's weight in gold, i tell ya.
    last night, i went to bed at 10pm. woke up at 11:30 with my heart pounding in my throat. i thought for sure i had a fast heartbeat (i swear sometimes being a nurse does me more harm then good). i get dh to get me his watch....pulse is normal (76) but i still feel like my heart is pounding. so, now i'm all anxious that something is wrong. i haul my butt out of bed, check my BP (which is challenging when you're doing it to yourself)....also normal 120/80. check my oxygen level with my pulse ox, 98%. okay spazoid... ....you're FINE! finally i haul out the baby beat, and find the HB right away....nice and strong, and so so SO soothing. after that, i was able to go back to bed calmer and finally fall asleep.
    such an odd feeling, and no apparent medical cause that i could find. maybe i was dreaming something weird, and woke with a start. who knows. but, i assessed myself and after knowing it was all nerves and me and the baby were fine, i crashed.
    weird, huh?
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

2. Advertisement

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You are freaking me out! I had the same thing happen to me last night...but it was while I was awake. I couldn't explain it to DH other than I felt "anxious."

I just started crying and couldn't stop all night - but I didn't know why!

Could it be that we have little slight fluttering going on???????
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK...WAY TOO WEIRD...I had a weird feeling that something was wrong last night, too. WISHED I had the doppler but I don't have one.

BUT did order one today. I thought it might help me feel more at ease!

Maybe it's just something in the air.

Amy

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is bizzare....we're all connected on some weird pregnancy wave-length!! i hope it stops spazzing out and gives us a rest tonight! i'm tired from worrying all night last night and having my solid 10 hr night of sleep interrupted!
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

jeninsfca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar experience last week, including the crying, and I was hot and sweaty. I woke up and realized that I had taken off my jammies (really weird for me) and pulled my hair into a ponytail right on top of my head (also weird) and I was all sweaty and freaked out. I checked my bp (I have a monitor at home due to really low bp), pulse and the baby and all was fine, but I started to cry anyway, and it was a really huge, sobbing, from-the-depths-of-my-soul cry. Weird.

Flea...I think I HAVE been feeling some fluttering. Just the last few days. We are just a day apart. Maybe it's the real thing!
    Jen 36, DH 36
    TTC #1 5 years. IVF #1BFN, FET #1 BFP!

Harper, born 7/9/05!

So lucky to be an AHM!

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too weird! Is there a full moon or something? I don't think so. I was up last night for 3 solid hours of agonizing insomnia! Hateful! And I DO think I'm starting to feel movement!

Lynn
    EDD: 8/1/05
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the same issues!! (not last night though...asleep by 8pm!! Slept like a baby!) The few times it has happened, I feel my heartbeat really fast and heavy and loud in my ears. Kinda weired and I always think I am having arrythmia (? spelling) or something!!

Probably just another fun side effect of pregnancy!

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My heart POUNDS...from doing really easy stuff...and it's totally unpredictable....

I walk up stairs and sometimes it feels like I can't breathe. Today I walked from the bed to the computer and really had a hard time breathing and my heart was pounding.

But it's not all the time. Dr isn't worried about it though

amy

mcavy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had this feeling with all of my pgs, including this one. I think it's all the extra blood volume our hearts have to deal with while pg. We are probably noticing it now because the placenta is finally in full force. Just another one of those fun side effects of being pg
    Michele
    PCO, 34 years old
    7 years
    5 years
    14 months
    Forever AHM!