FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
my ob appt was boring, too!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

my ob appt was boring, too!

hello friends....
    OB check ups seem like they are SO pointless! i was there for less than an hour, which was good, considering the office is usually running late. i went in, they checked my wt (officially gained 3lbs), checked my bp (116/65), and then the md came in to check the HB with the doppler.....he honestly found it first shot, and listened to it for less than 15 seconds. then he said "yup, you're pregnant! this is serious business!"....lol....no sh#t! he's a comedian!!
    so he then says that i'll come back in 4 wks for another checkup, and then 4 weeks later i'll have my ultrasound....to which i said "8 MORE WEEKS! ****!!" he laughed and smiled, and said "well, at your next appt, if you twist my arm, i'll let you come in 2 wks later"....to which i said "oh, i'll be twisting it, don't you worry!!"
    so, not much to report! hope everyone else has a boring appt too!

sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

2. Advertisement

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    All great news. I am glad to hear it! I have my appt tomorrow, but I am going to beggg for an US my mom is going to go this time and she wants to see her grandbabies! Your blood pressure sounds great!! Good job!
    Tammie

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So glad all is well. No news is good news I guess! I was so happy to get out today in under an hour too--especially cuz I had DD in tow.

Enjoy the upcoming u/s--it'll be here before you know it!

Lynn
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

lotus
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thrilled to hear that your appointment went well!

My situation is the same as yours. My wait for the next OB appointment since my last one is 4 weeks (no u/s). When I asked the peri when is the next u/s was, he said 4 weeks after that. I must of had a very disappointed look on my face because he then said that we can change it 2 weeks after my next appointment!

Jen
    / twins, born 7/12/05

Proud to be a "used" AHM!

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    great that it went so well, even if it was boring !!!!, better boring than something wrong .

are you going to find out the sex in 8 weeks (or 6 weeks time) or have you not decided yet?.
    Linda

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay more boring news! That's the most thrilling boring news I have ever heard!! LOL!!

mcavy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the "Boring OB Appointment Club" Glad all is well. I can't talk my doc into ANYTHING early or extra. She knows me too well and knows that this is my third time through, so nothing is working!! I'm not saying I want any excitment or anything abnormal to happen, just some added reassurance that everything IS actually boring and normal! It's hard to be there for 10 minutes and feel good that all is well, ya know?
    I wish they had one of those 4-D u/s places around here. I'd pay for that in a heartbeat!! There isn't a single one in NY that I could find, not even in the city...
    Michele
    PCO, 34 years old
    7 years
    5 years
    14 months
    Forever AHM!

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yep...again - I know whatcha mean! I waited a month for that???? I only get to come back in three weeks because they need bloodwork for spinabifida.

Hey Michele - I think I saw one of the 4-d ones that you pay for in Stamford, CT...right outside of the city. I'll try to look it up again. I'd definitely pay for one of those!!!
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

Baker
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy your appointment went good although it was quick. I'm sure the next 5 weeks will fly by, then that last week will seem to take forever

Jess

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks girls!

flea....let me know if you find the name of a 4D u/s place. i live right on the border of MA/CT so it would be worth the drive maybe to see what's up in there....depending on the cost, and where stamford is (i'm horrifically geographically challenged!!)

lindey...yeah, we're going to find out, and i CAN NOT WAIT!! i wasn't going to find out, but i am waaaayyyy too nosy to not know what is in there! i want to be able to look at little boy/girl things. dh wants to know, too, so we're both excited....and the ultrasound will be in six weeks....for sure. i'm not waiting 8! i'll twist that arm of his right off, so that he's delivering babies one-handed!

take care!!
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast