FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
is crampy normal?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

is crampy normal?

hi gang...
    so yesterday and today, i've been feeling a little bit of what i guess i'd call crampiness. i'm not sure it really is crampiness....it feels like a little bit of pressure on my right lower abdomen. i don't know if this is me feeling the baby moving, or what. i'm going to my OB appt in 2 1/2 hrs, so i'll ask then. hopefully it's nothing....i'd laugh if it were just gas!! but, i've never had gas that stayed in one spot like this. has anyone else had this happen to them? is it normal, and it's just 'growing pains' so to speak? i'm sure i'm being a nervous-nellie, but i rather err on the side of caution. thanks for any advice!!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

2. Advertisement

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    its probably growing and stretching, check to be on the safe side though. hope your appointment goes well.
    Linda

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know I felt like that about a week ago and we are approx 2 weeks apart. I had a major growth spurt with the belly popping and I put on 4 lbs in 2 weeks.
    I'm guessing you are "spurting" as well--let us know what your doc says.

Lynn
    EDD: 8/1/05
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    Ugg I totally have that under my whole HUGE belly. I think that its just the babies getting bigger in an organ that was used to being much much smaller.
    Just a bit of trivia that I thought was interesting... The uterus at 40 weeks with a singleton is 500 times its original size. Thats soooooo much growing in such a short time! I dont even want to know what it is for triplets!!!
    Hope your doctor appointment goes well!
    Tammie

bigyellowdog98
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sarah

I bet it is just your uterus expanding. I get that frequently with the twins and I equate it to any muscle stretching and expanding. Mine seems to come and go, somedays worse than others. With my first pregnancy I didn't experience it until about 10-11 weeks, with this one it happened much sooner.

Let us know what your ob says.
    Susan 33 Todd 32
    Sarah Ann May 19,2003
    Madison Elizabeth & Emily Grace July 18,2005 - both 5lbs 10 oz at 37w3d

CHRISC
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sarah
    I have been having cramping on and off for a few weeks now. So far everything is ok. It seems as though pregnancy is full of aches and pains.
    Chris

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi girls!
    so, i had my OB appt, and he echo'd all the same thoughts that you had. i feel better now about it all, and won't be anxious if i feel the stretching, pulling, and cramping again!
    thanks for your advice and support!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

AtoZduo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sarah-
    I am so glad your OB reassured you that the "crampy" feeling is normal. I have had them off and on for a few weeks now- especially if I am more active than usual-or as in a few days back- when I was coughing and sneezing from a yucky cold.
    There is a lot of stretching and pulling going on in there to make room for your baby..

Andrea
    Ava & Zachary- 7-19-05

Proud to be an AHM

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sarah, I have had cramps and had a pulling sensation on both sides of my tummy. Sometimes if I get up too fast it hurts and feels like a tearing. I heard from my Bunko girls (8 mothers) that it's the uterus expanding.
    I am happy your doc confirmed it's all normal...makes me feel better too!!

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    How funny, I was just reading my weekly update on pregnancyguideonline and saw this:

As your uterus stretches, you may feel some abdominal achiness. The ligaments that hold up your uterus stretch to accommodate your growing uterus. This is called "round ligament pain".

If you want to see: http://www.pregnancyguideonline.com/wk13.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast