FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Yay!  Had my nuchal this morning!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Had my nuchal this morning!

Hi girls!
    Great first trimester ultrascreen this morning!
    Had the counceling: very informative
    Had the nuchal translucency: wow, it was fun seeing the baby...it's changed so much since 9 weeks!! Scan came in at 2.0!! Yay, right?
    Had the blood test: should get results in about one week!

Thanks for your support! This is fun!!!

2. Advertisement

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    YiPPPEEEEE! I'm so glad everything went so well! Are you going to update your avatar? I love looking at your sweet baby there!

Enjoy!

Lynn
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

KristiL
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear all went well. I had mine this morning too, but they didn't give me a rating, just said everything looked fine.

Congrats!
    Kristi
    Mommy to
    Kyler - 4!!!
    Kaden - 2!!!
    Shayleigh Kateri - 7/31/05

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    Woo Hoo thats wonderful, I am so happy for you. Did you end up opting to do all the genetic testing that you asked about? Tay Sachs and Cystic Fibrosis and all? I just personally opted out of all my genetic testing for the babies. Only because it wouldn't have mattered to me.
    Congratulations again!! Great News.
    Oh yeah and please do update your avatar, its so cute to see the little bug we all think about so much.
    Tammie

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad you had a good ultrasound, and did you get a piccie, just love your avtar, but it now needs updating

i just got the most fantastic book this morning called watching your baby grow, and every week there is a whole double page spread of pictures of a baby at each week, done with 3-d ultrasound so you can see exactly what your baby looks like each week, it is amazing.

anyway, great result, well done
    Linda

bigyellowdog98
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Erin

Congratulations! It is so great to see the baby and know things are progressing ok. Definitely update your avatar - I love it!
    Susan 33 Todd 32
    Sarah Ann May 19,2003
    Madison Elizabeth & Emily Grace July 18,2005 - both 5lbs 10 oz at 37w3d

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much!

You guys are so sweet loving my avtar! How exciting!
    I will for sure post pictures but none look as clear as the one I have there now. That was 9 weeks but it was internal...I will post them and you let me know...I have to scan them tonight.

Tammie: I am going to get all of the genetic blood testing at my next ob appointment. I have opted for them because of my meeting with my genetic counselor this morning. Apparently with tay sachs they are born normal and learn skills (crawling, smiling, walking, talking) as normal and then start to regress and lose their skills. They don't live past 4 years in most cases. It would literally break my heart either way. I hope I don't have to make any decision like that since it's very, very rare. I would just want to do whatever is best for my baby. I feel like I have to know.
    Good for you for deciding not to test. If it doesn't make a difference then why bother! Good for you! You probably know in your heart, like me, that it's all going to be just fine!!

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    That would be an unbelievably heartbreaking decision to make. I think you are stronger for taking the tests. I would rather just live in lala land than have to face reality. I wish I could tell you that in my heart I feel everything was fine, but I am such a worry wart I wont say that until I see my beautiful babies. All I can do is have faith.
    I wish you luck on your blood tests, that I am sure will be fine.
    My thoughts are with you and baby.
    Tammie

mcavy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Erin,
    Can I ask why they sent you for the nuchal scan? I'm just wondering why some docs are sending their patients and others aren't. It wasn't even offered to me as an option. I kinda wish i could get one for the extra assurance that all is well, but insurance won't pay because I'm not over 35.
    Congrats on a great scan!
    Michele
    PCO, 34 years old
    7 years
    5 years
    14 months
    Forever AHM!

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tammie: Hopefully none of us will ever have to make those heartbreaking decisions!! I once heard a saying that I like..."God will never give you more than you can handle..."

Mcavy: No idea! I am 31 and got really frustrated when they started offering me these tests!! So I talked to some friends (and August Mama's) and decided to take anything offered to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast