FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
indigestion?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

indigestion?

hi girls...
    so, along with my headaches, i'm now starting to have some indigestion too. after i eat, i feel like my food doesn't go down into my belly. i feel like it sits right in my throat at the level of my collar-bone. it's so weird. i've tried drinking water, coke, sprite, juice....everything to try to 'push' it down. but no such luck. should i got out and get some tums already? and if i'm having some indigestion already, am i totally screwed when i get more pregnant?!?
    ahhh, the joys! i really am loving this pregnancy experience....really, i am....no matter how much venting i do to you guys!
    thanks for any advice!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

2. Advertisement

AtoZduo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately.. this may be one of those "joys" of pregnancy...
    I have a hiatel hernia-(heartburn most of the time..).
    Best advise is to eat something even if a little every couple of hrs. to keep the acid from getting bad, staying away from soft drinks-(especially caffeine) and no fried foods.
    Other than that, chew slowly and if all else fails try the lovely Tums or over the counter Zantac-(if Dr. approves.)
    I hope it gets better for you!
    Andrea
    Ava & Zachary- 7-19-05

Proud to be an AHM

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    Ohh poor thing, I hope you feel better soon. Being uncomfortable is the pits.
    Take care,
    Tammie

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    its started for me too, i was just about to post the exact same thread, although its not so bad at the moment, i only notice it when i lay down on my right side at night, weirdly its ok on my left, in all of my pregnancies it has been the biggest bug bear of mine, i went through loads of bottles of gaviscon, the liquid is better than those horrid chews.
    Linda

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard the more heartburn you have, the more hair your baby will have!! LOL....old wives tales crack me up!!

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, i'm going to have a hairy sasquatch then!!
    i tried a glass of milk before bed last night, and that seemed to help some. maybe i need something like that to 'coat' my stomach first. it's worth a try.
    ttyl!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Haven't had it yet so I don't have any advise...
    Although I did wake up at 3:30 in the morning with a stomach ache. I think it was because I had onions.

My only suggestion is to eat slower and try to recognize the foods that don't agree with you right now. It's onions and peppers for me
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

LACEE
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been eating Rolaids nightly like candy for quite awhile now. It was the same way with my ds's pgncy. I remember going in early thinking I was in labor (which I was having mild contractions) but the problem was more that I was having acid indigestion so bad that it felt like my placenta had detached...it hurt so bad!! I don't like Tums personally, but Rolaids work and are approved by my dr. so that's what I chew on. Just hang in there, and be sure during the day to eat lots of small meals to keep your tummy from getting empty (cuz that's when the worst acid indigestion occurs, at least for me)
    Lacee -Me 32 Him 36- (3/25/1995)
    **ttc#2 for nearly 4 years**
    * Nolan Clifford- 8/6/2000 (5 1/2 years old)
    * Rebecca Christine b. 8/4/2005
    I my AHM's!!

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I've been having heartburn all along with this pg. Seems like my digestion really slows down to absorb all the nutrients but makes me miserable!
    I just try to eat small meals frequently and take lots of Tums--it sucks though!
    I had the same problem w/DD and she was born bald as a cue ball!

Hang in there!

Lynn
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01