FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Incredibly depressed (death ment'd)

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    JKX2
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Incredibly depressed (death ment'd)

This has been an incredibly hard week. On Wed. afternoon, I found out that one of my best friends passed away. She was only 30. For the past five months, she had been experiencing debilitating migraines that they could not link to any cause nor could they cure them with medication. She was in horrible pain. I knew things had gotten worse, but never expected to lose her. I kept thinking that they will figure things out and she'll be back to her old self. Her plan was to try having kids this year. Now I keep thinking that they will never get to do these things she wanted to do.

I have talked with her DH on several occasions. I feel so badly for him and the rest of her family. I know they will all go on, but it will be with a hole in their hearts.

I can't sleep. Functioning at home is very difficult. I am fortunate that my DH is such a good person and is carrying the load. I know things will get better, but I just can't stop thinking about her. I MISS her! I wish I would have done more, visited her more often, tell her how much her friendship meant to me.

I have been asked to speak at the funeral services. I want so badly to convey what a good person my friend was, how funny and goofy and loving. I hope I can do her spirit justice.

Thanks for listening.

JKX2.

2. Advertisement

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I am so sorry! What a terrible shock. Was it a brain anyeurism or something like that?
    My heart goes out to your friend's family and of course to you. I'm sure you will find the right words to say at her services--I can't imagine being able to get up there without just losing it.
    So sad. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

((hugs))
    Lynn
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    God bless you. I am sure you have all of the pregnant girls reading this in tears, as I am. I am so sorry for you, her, her family. Life seems so unfair at times. Find solace in your baby being born and continuing life with her memory.

I am truly sorry.

Love, Erin

BethB
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am sooo very sorry! I can't even imagine what you must be going through! I know you know in your heart that your friend new how much she meant to you. Hang in there and take care of yourself. Bless your husband's heart for taking on the load right now. I am soo very very sorry!
    BethB

Andrew and Alyssa - 8
    Julia - 3

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am so sorry for the loss of your friend! you conveyed her spirit and your love for her so well thru your post that i'm sure you will do amazingly speaking at her service. i am so sorry that you've had to suffer such a loss. just know that your friend is now your gaurdian angel, and will be watching over you and your baby.

sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That is incredibly sad and I am so sorry that you lost your best friend. As difficult as it is for you, try to write down the beautiful and funny experiences to share at the funeral. When life is taken so early, it's so hard to not scream WHY!

You will get through this. Just know that she is your angel now and will be looking over you. You can still talk to her whenever you want - even share the good or funny things - and then you will not miss her as much because she'll always be with you.

Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

LACEE
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I too understand what it is like to lose someone suddenly and unexpectedly (as you can see from my signature line). It isn't easy, but it will get better (somewhat) with time. Just take time to remember her and grieve for your loss. This is a normal reaction. And if you feel you aren't strong enough to stand up to talk, write something up and have someone else read it for you. That is what I had to do with my dad's funeral, as I would've lost it if I had to speak. The only thing that got me through the loss of my dad was my faith in God and knowing that I will be reunited with him someday. It still hurts unbelievably bad though...and I get angry and I cry and I pout...it's all normal. Whatever you do, let those emotions out, because bottling them up won't do you (or your health) any good.

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
    Lacee -Me 32 Him 36- (3/25/1995)
    **ttc#2 for nearly 4 years**
    * Nolan Clifford- 8/6/2000 (5 1/2 years old)
    * Rebecca Christine b. 8/4/2005
    I my AHM's!!

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i can so relate, i lost a good friend of mine last year, to ovarian cancer, even though she was ill, she was so brave, you just dont ever think that it will happen to someone you know well, and of our age range, her funeral was awful, really awful, but it was also really nice and uplifting too, she was such a funny lively person, and that was conveyed very well by those who spoke, it was lovely to remember those times again, as the coffin was taken away they played 'brown eyed girl' she had the most amazing huge brown eyes, and i think of her every time i hear it played.

it must have been a dreadful shock, did they find out what happened in the end, was something diagnosed eventually??

sorry for your loss, i know its hard, i am sure you will come up with something to say that suits her personality, some little special things she would do, or say some funny things that people can remember fondly and make them smile.

Linda

Baker
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Aleks
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so truly sorry for your loss.....I have lost my father last June due to lung cancer and I have never thought that a loss can hurt this much. I have never dealt with it before my dad's passing away and I did not know what to do or what to feel, I was so numb..... Now I can only offer my support, and tell you to take it one day at a time.....

Aleks
    me-Aleks (33), dh (35)

3 x (tx with immune issues) 2 beautiful girls on baby aspirin and Fragmin injections:
    #1 Adriana b. July/02
    #2 Anika b. Aug/05 aka "Cookie"
    Forever AHM... LYMI!