FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Roller coaster week so far

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Roller coaster week so far

Hi all

Here's an update for me. Monday had a GUSH of red blood about 4:30pm. Went through undies, went through jeans..in about a minute.

Got to ER and after 8 hours...baby is fine, blood work is fine, cervix is closed. No explanation for the blood

OB said as long as it's not doing anything right now...I'm ok. take it easy (yeah, got a 2 yo ds at home).

Some people bleed during pg. that's the explanation.

And then today my blood work results from nuchal came back..

within normal limits and the chance for a down baby is 1/1000. I'll take those odds! I'll probably not do an amnio at this point!

Anyway...just thought I'd post an update...apparently you can bleed throughout your pg! Great...another thing to worry about

Amy

2. Advertisement

Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh my goodness, i bet that was scary !!!!!!!!, thank god it was just that, a scare. look after yourself, do as little as possible, make dh do ALL the housework .
    Linda

LynnUS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Amy! What a scare! A gush like that would terrify the best of us. So glad you got in to check it out and all is fine. I had spotting w/DD and my doc said no vacuuming, lifting, in fact the most strenuous thing I did was load the dishwasher! : )
    Great news on the nuchal too!

Thanks for the update.

Lynn
    EDD 8/1/05
    JAK, 7/28/05
    MAK, 6/25/01

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's terrifying! What do you do? Just rush to the ER and call your OB on the way? Hate the explination - but if everything is great - then I'll take it!

Your numbers sound great for the nuchal too!
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

jeninsfca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a relief that everything is ok. At my last u/s the tech pointed out that my placenta is on the back of my uterus and then got into a technical discussion about placentas with DH (he is a scientist and does this at all of our appts), anyway, she told him that when the placenta is on the front, women will have a tendency to bleed but that everything is fine. Maybe that's what's going on.

Great news on the Nuchal results. I pretty certain I'll pass on the amnio, too.
    Jen 36, DH 36
    TTC #1 5 years. IVF #1BFN, FET #1 BFP!

Harper, born 7/9/05!

So lucky to be an AHM!

fairymommy
    fairymommy
    has no status.
    Edit
    Poor thing what a roller coaster!! I am glad to hear that everything looks well with babers though. Take it easy, no more scares from you!!
    Tammie

mmi
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a gush like that. My RE told me the cervix is just more vascular(more blood supply to it) and that it is probably where i bled from. Good luck.
    3 years and 15 medicated cycles(clomid, injections, iui's, ivf's, fet, you name it) and 2 angels before finally getting princess 1 (1999)

2 injection cycles for princess 2(2002)
    Truly miracles!

"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, my ob said the same thing..cervix is very vascular and that could have caused it. I tend to disagree...this was A LOT of blood and i can't believe my cervix is THAT vascular, but then, I've never seen it, either :-)

I had called my oB first, had to leave and message cuz I didn't know if this was an emergency or not. I'm one of those people who doesn't like to go to ER's if I'm not dying, bleeding profusely, or have a busted leg! Felt so silly walking in, looking totally UNemergency-ish

Thanks for the kind thoughts..hopefully no more bleeding!

Amy

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    amy...
    so happy that everything is okay with you and the baby! i would FREAK out if i had a gush of blood like that. you'd prob have to scrape me off the floor to get me to the ER!
    the nuchal odds look great too! just take it easy and hopefully no more bleeding!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old