FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I eventually told my friend....

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Lindey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

I eventually told my friend....

and it was fine, she was great, i said i didnt expect her to be overjoyed at the news, and she knew what i meant. she said she was happy for me, and she told me her long time best friend from college, told her on christmas day that she was pregnant, she said that was a little hard to bear, but she dosent begrudge anyone getting pregnant,

she hasnt heard what date the IVF will be happening yet, and she isnt chasing it as although she is looking forward to it, she is dreading it also as she knows that the chances of it working 1st time are kind of slim, ''but not impossible'' i told her, i understand she is trying not to get herself too excited, as she dosent want to get too dissapointed should it fail. but who knows.

anyway, thought i would let you all know how it went seeing as i asked all your advice, and its taken me this long to pluck up the courage, but she was great in the end, well while i was there anyway.
    Linda

2. Advertisement

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    lindey...
    so glad everything went well....it's a tough situation, but you handled it well, like a good friend would!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

flicka7
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My friends who took extra care to tell me are the ones who I'm happiest for. I just appreciated the way they took my feelings into account.

I'm sure your friend felt your concern for her feelings. It's still hard to hear, but I'm sure she appreciates you.
    Me & DH, 47
    POF, 6 IVF's, 2 m/c, finally successful with DE
    5, twins & 3.5

punky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay Lindey! I am glad that's off your mind...it feels good to let it out. I am happy she took it so well!

flea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nice job Lindy! I think it will also help that you've been through IF and can support her along. There are so many people that it works for on the first try. Let's face it...IVF is 50%/50%!!! The doctors have no control after they transfer as to whether or not something will stick.

Hoping the best for her too!
    Me ~ 41 DH ~ 38
    English Bulldog ~ Sparky ~ 11
    IVF/ICSI Born 08/05 Delaney AKA Laney Girl
    AHM's ~ Love you! Mean it!!

babyluv
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    good job! it's like cleaning out a closet or whatever kind of task you hate, you dread it, it's done, it's over and usually the results are worth the effort!!

babyluv
    babyluv
    #3-It's a Boy! EDC 8/26/05
    Breech- Sch c/s 8/15/05
    Oops, didn't make it!
    Thomas James, b 8/3/05