FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
August DD Club member information

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kara6820
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

August DD Club member information

Since we will be sharing and supporting one another for the upcoming months, lets share a bit about ourselves. I will go first.

I am 29, husband is 33. Married just over 2 years. We have 2 dogs and a cat. One dog is 10 yrs and has many tumors, other is only 7 mos. We live in the Chicago suburbs. Husband is from India and I am from Michigan. We have no idea who our child will look like and are very excited. I am a social worker with people who have developmental disabilities. Husband works for a soda company and is going to school for heating and cooling. I have 5 siblings with 2 brothers getting married in 2005. One wedding will be in California one week after my due date so I probably will miss it. I am upset as this is my favorite sibling. The rest of my family is still in Michigan and I grew up on a dairy farm. Husband's family is mostly in the Chicago area, his parents recently moved back to India. I have to admit I am happy they moved. There are neices and nephews in both our families whom we adore. We are both thrilled to have this opportunity to become parents too!

Okay, who's next?

2. Advertisement

jeninsfca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea, Kara. Sure, I'll go. Feeling pretty sick today so anything to avoid doing real work and using my brain.

My husband and I have been married for 9 years, together for 13. He is such a good guy, I still can't believe I found him. Everybody says he looks like Tom Cruise, but I think he's better looking. He is a scientist working for biotech company and I work for a small shoe manufacturer doing graphic design and photography for their advertising and catalogs. We live just outside of San Francisco and are both native Californians. Most of our extended families live within a few hours.

I have two sisters and he has 3 brothers. My middle sister and I are very close-our husbands joke that we share one brain because we think so much alike and consult with each other on everything. She as two kids, Hannah is 4 and Rylee is 22 mo and they are the biggest joy of our lives. I was there the moment they both entered the world and I'm sure that my sister will be there when my baby(s) arrive as well.

We have two cats that my husband babies endlessly and they worship him.

Most people who know me would say that I am a bit of a health nut. I majored in nutrition in college so I am pretty obsessive about diet and excercise, but more on that another time. I'm also a big time worry wart.

And after 5 years of waiting we are so thrilled to finally become parents.
    Jen 36, DH 36
    TTC #1 5 years. IVF #1BFN, FET #1 BFP!

Harper, born 7/9/05!

So lucky to be an AHM!

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    good idea....here i go!
    my DH and i are both 25 years old. we have known each other since being friends in 7th grade....went through high school as close friends, stayed close throughout college. after college, and after dating every other assh*le we both could find, it dawned on us that what we really wanted was right in front of our faces. we justt got married this may, and it was 3 yrs together for us in july. he is the best thing in my life, and i am so thankful to have found my best friend and soulmate.
    i am a nurse, and work for a visiting nurses agency in massachusetts. i love my job, and love getting to know pt's in their own environments. they do so much better at home, and i think i am a better nurse in the home care setting. i love doing the teaching aspect.
    dh is a business-dude (lol....i guess we're grown up enough now for him to be a 'business-man). he's working at an insurance company now....just started the new job monday.
    we have 2 cats (homer and atreiu) that are borderline evil, and one dog (mulligan) who is the best poochie ever! she's great with kids, and we can't wait for her and the baby to be best buds.
    we live in massachusetts, right where mass, conn, & ri come together. we come from the same hometown, and still live here now. all of our family and friends are close by, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
    looking forward to getting to know you all better!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

BethB
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Great IDEA!

I am 31 and dh is 33. We live near Denver, Colorado. I have been a member of FT since, man like 1999??? Wow, that is a long time! Think of all the time I have wasted here! It has been a huge support to me through IF, pregnancy, parenting, and I guess now pregnancy again . Lets see what else ... before children I was an Early Childhood Specail Ed teacher. I have worked only a little since my kids were born and am currently a SAHM (stay at home mom). I love being home with my kids, and I guess my days will just get busier NOW!

I have PCOS and was annovulatory so I did treatment back in 1999. I ended up conceiving my twins on 150mg of Clomid and IUI. It never really occured to me that I would be one of those to have twin from clomid, but I did I had a rough pregnancy with hyperemisis for 9 months, preterm labor, bedrest for 2 1/2 months, etc. so I am hoping that this pregnancy will be easier, but I am scared! Not sure how I could go through that with two kids! Anyway, my kids are the light of my life and I can't wait to see them as an older brother and sister. While I am on the subject, do you all mind if I talk about my kiddos here? I know that is a touchy subject some places on these boards so if you mom's who are cooking your first ones are bothered by talk of other children, please let me know and I will not discuss my punkins here.

About a year ago I started having ovary pain that I eventually figured out meant that there was a possibility that I was ovulating on my own!!!! It only took my body 33 years to figure out that it was supposed to do that!!!! So dh and I, who has said that we were done having children (since we wouldn't do treatment again and my first pregancy was rough) decided to see what happened. Needless to say, here I AM!

I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you and supporting you as much as I can. I had kind of a weird pregnancy but please feel free to ask any questions that you have and I will try to remember enough to try to answer them! LOL
    BethB

Andrew and Alyssa - 8
    Julia - 3

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    beth....talk away as far as i'm concerned....any stories or parenting tips are going to be MUCH appreciated!
    thanks for sharing!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

kara6820
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think sharing about your children is fine. And thanks to those who have shared thier info so far.

bigyellowdog98
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, guess it is my turn. DH and I have been together for 16 years, married for 8, we were high school sweet-hearts We have one dd Sarah Ann who is just over 18 months and a wonderful baby. She was conceived with Gonal F and our second IUI after almost 2 years of ttc. This baby was conceived with our first inj/IUI cycle this time around (didn't quite expect that).

We live in Rochester, NY, I work full time as a small animal veterinarian and dh is 'in-between jobs' so is currently a stay at home dad. My hours are pretty rough so that will be an issue as the pregnancy progresses. Hoping this pregnancy is easier - I had bleeding and contractions around 27 weeks with dd and was on modified bed rest until 33 weeks then a really restricted work schedule until delivery. Sarah was born 1 day before her due date.

We have a very supportive family - dh's is here and in Florida, my family is all in Rochester and Western NY. I have 2 sisters, one older - engaged, no kids, and my younger sister who is also my best friend - Peggy (somedaymom2003 on FT). She is married with one 10 mth old dd, Cora, the girls are best buddies - it is great watching them grow up together. We are very close with my parents, they are really looking forward to another grandchild to add to the mix.

Looking forward to everyone's healthy and happy pregnancies. Can't wait for the u/s results next week!

I guess that is it - next?
    Susan 33 Todd 32
    Sarah Ann May 19,2003
    Madison Elizabeth & Emily Grace July 18,2005 - both 5lbs 10 oz at 37w3d

Care613
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone! My name is Carrie (I'm 33), my dh is Tom (43). We met when I was 19, but didn't get married until I was 30. The age difference was too big when I was younger, but we remained friends, and the age gap really closed when we reconnected in my late 20s. He is my best friend and my rock.

We were hoping to have children early in our marriage, and we completely lucked out and conceived on our honeymoon. Our ds, Brendan, was born 5 days after our 9-month wedding anniversary. Brendan is now 2, and we started trying for baby #2 when Brendan was 2 months old. After a year of trying, we began all the if testing. Turns out we were VERY lucky to have conceived our son...my dh has a normal sperm count, but his morphology level is very low (10). Which means 90% of his sperm are not shaped properly. His urologist recommended correcting the problem with surgery (a very invasive procedure), but our RE said we should try to "buy some luck" with IUI first. We tried our first IUI w/clomid Nov. 15, and we were very, very blessed with this pregnancy. It took us more than 2 years to get to this point, which I realize is not nearly as long as the journey some of you have traveled, and I appreciate so much more how delicate and fragile and precious this experience is.

My dh is in construction and I am a flight attendant. But, I have always wanted to teach "someday" and when I lost many colleagues on September 11, 2001, I decided that sometimes "someday" is not soon enough. So, I have been taking one class per semester for my teaching certificate. It's taking me a little longer than most, but I continue to work and obviously want to spend as much time with my dh and ds as possible, so I will be done in 2-3 years. I keep reminding myself that at least I'm working toward my goal, rather than wishing I was.

Sorry this is so long. Hope you don't mind my mentioning my other pregnancy.

I truly look forward to getting to know you all and sharing these next 8 months together.

Carrie

Joyful
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I'm Joyful especially since the big fat + on that little stick! My real name is Joy, DH is Mike. Have 2 dogs, 1 cat and our first miracle baby on the way. I live outside a small town called Bradner, population 990, in northwest Ohio.

I work part-time as a Realtors Assistant assisting buyers/sellers w/all the paperwork involved in buying or selling a home. My DH is an electrician for Diamler Chrysler, he works at the Toledo Jeep Liberty Plant.

We live about 15 mins away from where we grew up, so we're pretty close to our parents and siblings. Last yr we built a small house on 5 1/2 acres out in the country, and bought a fifth wheel camper and spent the whole summer camping all over Ohio & Michigan. It was the first time since we met 8 yrs. ago that we took time out to just have fun and be together.

Unfortunately, in Oct. we learned my DH's National Guard unit is being sent to Iraq. This will be the 2nd time in 20 mos. he'll be gone. He leaves Jan. 3rd and won't be home until the first week of Aug. (God willing he'll be on time or he'll miss the birth!)
    It's weird to feel elated about being pg. and totally depressed about my DH leaving all at the same time. Add my bouncing hormones in the mix and you get the picture.

I'm gonna need lots of support and cheering up I'm sure as time goes on. Luckily we've met some nice people in our new church, etc, so I won't feel so alone out here hopefully. But looking forward to our first baby and DH's return will get me through this.
    Thans for the warm welcome I received, it's nice to get to know you all through these posts.
    Joy

sarahp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh joy!
    i'm so sorry to hear that DH is having to leave so soon! please tell him that i said a big thank you for doing what he does. i know it is much appreciated, especially by myself and dh!
    we will all be here to support you throughout the pregnancy, and i'll be praying that your DH comes home safe and sound, and right on time to see your miracle baby's birth!
    take care!
    sarah
    Sarah (32) & Bobby (32)
    Cami ~ 6yrs old
    Adam ~ 4yrs old

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast