FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
AmyGirl.....

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

AmyGirl.....

How was Mr. Gabe's first Birthday?!!!!

Details and pictures please!!!!!
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-
    CJ (7-18-08) Miracle of domestic adoption!
    CC (8-13-09) Natural Surprise

2. Advertisement

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kim.
    Sorry I haven't updated you guys. I had a very, very dear friend who was at the very end of her cancer journey. She has had it for 4 years but the last couple weeks was the worst of it. She finally ended her journey last night. I am so glad she is resting peacefully but I am so sad for the rest of us who lost her.
    I'm just glad she didn't die on Gabe's birthday.

Anyway, I wasn't really in much of a celebrating mood for Gabe's birthday and honestly, neither was he. He has had some kind of cold/virus thing for a week or two and just was not his smiley, happy self.

We decided to just make his favorite dinner, bake a cake and do our little family party. He seemed kind of disturbed by the whole lit candle and singing thing....the look on his face was priceless, he was no digging it! Then he seemed totally annoyed that there was frosting stuck to his fingers. Luckily he is only 1 and won't remember any of it so I guess it doesn't matter that it wasn't a big party.

On a good note, he heard us say "Happy Birthday" to him so many times that day that he learned to say the word 'happy'. It is so cute.

I took him in for his check-up. He is 26-1/2 pounds and 33 inches. He is saying about 10 words now, his vocabulary just started growing in the last week or two. He still has that darn clogged tear duct that he has had since birth so it looks like he will be seeing an opthamologist to have a a little stint put in the duct to open it....seriously, I can't believe how many procedures this little man has had in the first year of his life.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from his birthday....

Gabe's 1st birthday | Facebook
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

J&FM2005
    tired:-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Amy - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Many hugs friend
    Jillian 33 DH 39
    DD Emily 3/19/99 PDD, Epilepsy
    IVF#1 11/08 BFP - DD Madi 7/22/09

DS John our sweet little miracle born 12/16/2010 at 34w5d

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J&FM2005 View Post
    Amy - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Many hugs friend
    Thanks. Cancer SUCKS! I hate it.
    It is totally impractical that I go out to CA for the services but I have to do it. I will regret it if I don't. I have been trying to juggle childcare arrangements for the girls while I am gone....Ugh, I don't know how working moms do it!

We are also moving AND dd #2 is having surgery (tonsils) when I get back from CA...a week before we close on the new house which I haven't packed one box for yet....when it rains it pours. I woke up this morning with HUGE knots in my back and neck.....hmm, perhaps a sign of stress?

THanks for letting me vent. I need your prayers to get through the next few weeks.
    DD (8)
    DS (2)

J&FM2005
    tired:-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Amy - I don't even to know what to say. I had no idea all of this was going on. I wish I could jump on a plane and come help you.

Is there anything we can do from cyberspace? How about some restaurant gift cards for while you are gone? Would that help?

You are truly the best. I am so so sorry that everything is coming down at once.

I will pray for you sweet friend.
    Jillian 33 DH 39
    DD Emily 3/19/99 PDD, Epilepsy
    IVF#1 11/08 BFP - DD Madi 7/22/09

DS John our sweet little miracle born 12/16/2010 at 34w5d

jilltine
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amy, sorry for all the rotten stuff you are going through right now. I am sure things will get better soon. Is this a good move for guys. From your pics it looks like you have a beautiful house.
    Jill 33/Andy 39

Allison Kathleen 8-09 miracle through 3rd IVF
    Maci Lee 1-11 Natural surprise

Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear of your loss. But, like you said, she is at peace now. What a journey for all.

Gabe looks like he had a great party! Nothing wrong with a wonderful family affair Sorry little man was not feeling himself. Hopefully he feels better by now!

But I did want to check on you and Gabe, then I went MIA- I was reading, just not posting.

Take care and hope the move goes SMOOTHLY!
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ohmygosh! My life is drama.

DH lost his job last week right before I left to go to California for the services AND we had to back out of the house that we were buying. Yep, I am not exactly sure where we are going to be living in 2 weeks AND tomorrow is our last day of medical insurance coverage AND with the economy going the way that it is I am really concerned about DH landing a good job anytime soon. This should be a fun little adventure, eh? I just saw that two weeks ago on this thread I wrote "when it rains it pours". Obviously I had no idea what kind of a down-pour we were in for.....

Asking for any of your praying mommas to keep us in your prayers!
    DD (8)
    DS (2)

Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Cow! How are you guys doing? You are SOOO lucky to be able to have stopped the move in time, that has to be a little relief. But, then again the unknown of where you guys will be - ugh- my heart goes out to you.

So sorry to hear about DH's job- what a mess. Hopefully he is able to find work again soon!

Many, many prayers sent to you and your family!!!!!

Hugs!!!!

Kim
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kim!

Yes, we were so happy that the timing worked out like it did and that we weren't stuck with a mortgage and house with no paycheck!

We have been scrambling to find a house to rent. Funny thing is that no one is crazy about renting to people with no income.
    Luckily we both have really good credit scores and a savings account to fall back on. We saw a house today that we really liked and we should know in the next couple if we got it.

DH has had a couple good interviews and has a recruiter working on finding him something too (something tells me that this whole thing will end up being a blessing in disguise). So, in the meantime to has been delightful to have DH home helping me out with the kiddos and being there for Ana's surgery yesterday.

Thanks for the prayers girls.
    DD (8)
    DS (2)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast