FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
September Updates?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile September Updates?

So, how is everyone doing? Anything new since August?

Janslem, I just saw you posted. We have missed you!
    Charmian, how are you holding up with being back at work?
    J&FM, where are you? I always have to pop on the January board to see what's going on with you!
    Bunker, are you holding up OK? Hope all went smoothly last week (at least physically...I'm sure emotionally may be a longer recovery).
    Jilltine?
    Michellei?
    Lovey?
    Pradasmom?
    Thunderbird?
    McKenna, if you are still popping in here we would love to hear from you!

Last edited by Amygirl; 09-06-2010 at 09:32 PM.
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

2. Advertisement

janslem
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I have been so busy. We had to move in with my mom cause she is having some health problems and can no longer live alone. It was a hard move on everyone but is for the best.
    Carson is doing great! He is walking everywheres. Also he has learned how to climb, he was actually doing this before he was even walking. He really scares me. He is still not a good sleeper at all. He usually wakes up at least 6 times a night, if not more. I just dont know what to do to get him to sleep good. We have tried sleep training and it still hasnt helped. I am lost and exhausted to say the least.

Janslem
    dx PCOS in 1995, hypothyriod in 1999
    6 injection cycles with 2 IUI!
    1 5/03, 1 chemical 10/01,
    1 blighted ovum 12/03

Braelyn Claire born 4/25/07

Carson Paul born 7/15/09

Geemos06
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's late..but I might have a second to pop in here to say hello
    My boys are doing great. Getting into everything and have me on my toes from the minute I get them out of their cribs until the minute I put them in at night. Never a dull moment at our house! I have one little stinker that is just starting to walk..but that is okay, but the other two walk everywhere and try to get away from the one that isn't Probably because he is the bully of the three! But a sweetheart too. I am on my own most days now since my brother finally has a job..it's tough some days, but then there are days like today and I have full confidence in myself that I'm being a good Mom. Other days..well, we won't go into that..having three 1 year olds and a 2.5 year old (3 in December) really does humble you...it teaches you a lot. At least it does me! Anyway..just wanted to say hi to those of you that I'm not friends with on Facebook that is I peek in when I'm allowed to..not as often as I"d like..but I think of everyone often...

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Janslem you have a lot on your plate right now. Is your mom going to be OK? Any ideas why Carson is waking up? Was he doing that before the move? Do you get up with him? How do you get him back to sleep?
    Gabe still gets up once a night and nurses. I tried not going in and letting him fuss himself back to sleep but after an hour and he is still not back to sleep I have decided for now that I will just go nurse him so he AND I can just get back to sleep.

Nikki, thanks for the update on you and the boys! I think you are supermom and I crack up at how often you are able to update on FB (and often with pictures)!! Good job momma!

rysmom, I don't know if you are around but I wanted you to know that I have not forgotten about the "shoes" poem that would go with those pictures you posted. I have it in the garage somewhere. We are packing to move so I'm sure I will run across it then!

Has anyone seen Designer&Chef around on FT?
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

J&FM2005
    tired:-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Bleep (fill in with your favorite expletive) is it September already???

Yep Amy - I have been a bad August mommy. Spending too much time on the pg boards and getting annoyed - it's the hormones, as anything and everyone annoys me these days.

We have had so much going on. We finally moved at the end of June and quickly settled into the new house. Big girl started public school, which has been really hard. As a teacher, I am fully aware of special education, but from the other side of the desk. She was stressed out a lot at first and started having seizures again. Things seem to be settling down now, though.

Madi is, well Madi. Ladies I am convinced that my pregnancy was so crappy because SHE made it difficult. She is sooooo high maintenance. Drama queen to the core. She is 13 months old and already throwing tantrums including throwing herself on the floor and hitting!!! She has been walking for quite some time and runs everywhere now. She also loves, loves, loves baby dolls. Hopefully that love will carry over to the new baby. Oh an she just reached 20 pounds! Woo hoo!

Everything else is going smoothly. I am 21 weeks and having only mild problems. The anemia is back (no surprise) and I am having some contrax already, but none of the drama I had with Mads. I actually feel pretty good and have been walking for exercise.

Oh yeah - it's a boy!

Miss you guys. Feel free to look me up on FB. Jillian Moller. Just send me a note if your name is different than on FT.
    Jillian 33 DH 39
    DD Emily 3/19/99 PDD, Epilepsy
    IVF#1 11/08 BFP - DD Madi 7/22/09

DS John our sweet little miracle born 12/16/2010 at 34w5d

Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J&FM2005 View Post
    Bleep (fill in with your favorite expletive) is it September already???

She is 13 months old and already throwing tantrums including throwing herself on the floor and hitting!!! .
    LOL- YEP!!! CC LOVES the full spraw out on the floor fit. I, being a horrible mother, laugh and tell her, "When you're done, come on back and play with us." I just ignore it the best I can and move on. It really does make me laugh at the drama of it all.

She doesn't hit, but she has attempted to attack Connor twice (trust me he deserved it). You can see her get mad and she'll shake her little fists and make this face. It is truly hysterical.

CC is a doll 98% of the time. She has her moments, and her next few teeth are really bringing her down. I feel bad for her! Nothing has broken though, but you can just tell.

All in all, she's a great little girl who brings us TONS of joy!!!
    Last edited by Lovey1226; 09-13-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-
    CJ (7-18-08) Miracle of domestic adoption!
    CC (8-13-09) Natural Surprise

J&FM2005
    tired:-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Mads is getting her molars and they have been tough.

We ignore the tantrums as well. She is just very strong willed.
    Jillian 33 DH 39
    DD Emily 3/19/99 PDD, Epilepsy
    IVF#1 11/08 BFP - DD Madi 7/22/09

DS John our sweet little miracle born 12/16/2010 at 34w5d

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by J&FM2005 View Post
    Mads is getting her molars and they have been tough.

We ignore the tantrums as well. She is just very strong willed.
    Patrick has finally gotten his two bottom ones in, but it looks like he is starting on the 2 uppers now. I swear he has hit the terrible 2's about a year too early. My DH sometimes tells him that he is acting like a princess, when he has his meltdowns when he doesn't get what he wants. lol

Dawn