FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Is everyone feeling back to "normal"?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jilltine
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Is everyone feeling back to "normal"?

Now that it has been 6+ months since our babies birth's how is everyone physically feeling?

As for me I am dealing with lightheadedness and dizziness on and off since birth. My blood pressure has still been elevated so I am going to buy a B.P. cuff to get a months readings. But a bigger problem that my thyroid is "shot". The Dr thinks it is a result of my pregnancy. I started on generic Synthroid and after beeing on it for 2 months My levels got worse so he upped my meds and wants me to start on regular Synthroid. I am really hoping that is why I feel weird.

I am not back to my pre pregnancy weight. I have actually put on weight. I just stopped pumping this week and maybe the meds will help with it. Starting to feel yucky with myself. I am just not emotionally ready to start a diet. I did color my hair lighter and that helped. I am in a wedding next week so I will get a spray tan, so I won't feel like a ghost (at least for the few days it lasts.)

My lovely stretch marks have faded and so did the line on my belly. Funny the whole time I was pregnant my skin was wonderful, now some days I feel like a teenager again. Breakouts! I have all these little hairs growing on my head from where I lost them after pregnancy. And when I pull my hair back I have theses baby hairs around my hairline

Well, enough complaining. I would do it over and over again. Just thought I would share my 6 month PP body. Lets hear how everone else is!
    Jill 33/Andy 39

Allison Kathleen 8-09 miracle through 3rd IVF
    Maci Lee 1-11 Natural surprise

2. Advertisement

Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK. No not normal. I'm guessing I will be accepting this "new" as normal... Complaints still...

Things are NOT back to normal since delivery. I am at the point I am unsure that will ever feel "normal" again- espeically in the v-j-j area. I had a natural tear that was supposed to be no big deal. Apparently, things got "thin" down there are Doc states that it will go back to normal - eventually. But, for now, I sorta dread being intimate, b/c it still hurts. Still....

I have this last 7lbs that will not go away. I think once spring comes and I can get out, that will help! Also, my eating sucks, so that is my choice. I am sure if I started watching what I ate, that would help. But, come on - it's girl scout cookie time!!! It's all moderation, and eventually, I'll get back to "normal" weight for me.

I can't say my skin has changed, but I have stretch marks on my "girls" and on my thighs. My "girls" are DEFINATELY not the same since my PG. They were VERY fibrous, and now I think they are a lot more "normal." DH digs their new changes, so I guess that is good. And that dark line from under my belly button is still very visable to my public bone. I cannot wait for that to disappear.

That is my update... NEXT!!!
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-
    CJ (7-18-08) Miracle of domestic adoption!
    CC (8-13-09) Natural Surprise

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normal? Not so much.

Things are just finally getting "normal" in the bedroom again. I had a very long recovery time...much more damage done this time around because of his quick exit!!

Jill, I am having the exact same issues when I pull my hair back! I have two almost bald spots on the side of my head where new hairs are growing back in.

Weight? Mmmm, it's been up and down. I had lost all the weight within a month of having Gabe. However, I was starving all the time so I had to start adding in extra meals and put on 6-7 pounds. I think I just need the extra fat stores while nursing so I am not going to worry about those pounds until I wean Gabe in 6 months or so.

My skin which felt so soft and looked all glowy during pregnancy is now a little pasty and drab (I'm sure the dead of winter is not helping the look).

But I do feel good. My energy levels are good and my hormones feel very level though.

I actually would love to do this all over again one more time before I am too old!
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

Charmian
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not doing too bad here, except for the weight thing...I too have gained weight since giving birth. Doesn't help that I am starving all of the time! I think I just need to make better choices. I plan on starting an exercise DVD this week now that Brodie is napping better.
    I have been having trouble with my back since his birth and also with terrible heart burn. I am sure I can attribute both to the extra weight sigh....

Other then that, I would say in the last 2 months things have returned to normal in the bedroom also...you can hear my dh breathing a sigh of relief there lol...
    Charmian

mommy to angel baby
    Joshua Robert b/d Feb 9, 04 @ 25wks 6days via emergency c-section.
    Suspected PROM at 16wks 5 days, severe oligohydramnios and PTL.
    Surprise EDD 08/11/09, scheduled c section.
    Welcome ~Brodie Steven William~ our rainbow baby, July 20, 2009 9:53am at 36wks6days 6lbs 5 oz 19.5 inches Mommy and Daddy are in love

BUNKER
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    No return to the old state of normalcy here. I guess this is our new normal.
    We won't be doing this again.
    H
    Holly (35), DH (35)
    6/29/04

L was born 1-26-07
    M was born 7-24-09

Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BUNKER View Post
    No return to the old state of normalcy here. I guess this is our new normal.
    We won't be doing this again.
    H
    LOL- I'm pretty sure I said this exact quote to DH a week ago....
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-
    CJ (7-18-08) Miracle of domestic adoption!
    CC (8-13-09) Natural Surprise

J&FM2005
    tired:-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I am much better postpartum than pregnant - I am definitely not a "normal" pregnant woman so I felt better once she was born.

Since I had a c/s, we didn't have any intimacy issues, but my love language is physical touch, as is DH's so we have a little more lovin than most.

I had lost 15 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, but with the other hungry nursing mommies, I have put about 7-8 back on.

My face, however, is another story. I have never had such bad acne. Some days, I am even embarrassed to leave my house.

I agree with the new normal. It changes constantly.
    Jillian 33 DH 39
    DD Emily 3/19/99 PDD, Epilepsy
    IVF#1 11/08 BFP - DD Madi 7/22/09

DS John our sweet little miracle born 12/16/2010 at 34w5d

Michellei
    My schedule is overwhelming...yet here I am on FT!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J&FM2005 View Post
    My face, however, is another story. I have never had such bad acne. Some days, I am even embarrassed to leave my house.

I agree with the new normal. It changes constantly.
    I hear you on the acne. I have it on my chin area a lot. I hate that! I didn't have acne in high school. But once I got pg. and after...eek! And, I'm in my 30's!
    Michellei
    Caffeine junkie married to a PB junkie...15+ years
    DD #1 8yrs. DD #2 6yrs
    DD #3 2yrs