FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Next Car Seat...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Next Car Seat...

OK, what is the next car seat you have after your LO grows out of the infant seat? I know our infant seat will go up to 30 pounds, but lugging that thing around is getting OLD. I know I'll wait until she hits 20 pounds before I transistion, but I'm just getting a jump on researching.

I'm beginning to research convertible car seats -- any recommendations???
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-
    CJ (7-18-08) Miracle of domestic adoption!
    CC (8-13-09) Natural Surprise

2. Advertisement

J&FM2005
    tired:-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I love the Britax products. I used to work for The Right Start (years ago before the bankruptcy) and they were considered the best back then.

They are pricey though.

Want to hear what you all are thinking...
    Jillian 33 DH 39
    DD Emily 3/19/99 PDD, Epilepsy
    IVF#1 11/08 BFP - DD Madi 7/22/09

DS John our sweet little miracle born 12/16/2010 at 34w5d

AMF
    thinks Molly's status is a hoot!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    We have the Marathon by Britax. I;ll be honest, it's expensive. I know a lot of people have strong opinions on this kind of thing...it's odd, but I have seen this topic light some fires around here to say what kind of car seat is the best...so all I will say is that I picked this one because my ds's have always been on the chunky side...LOL and the marathon has a weight limit of 65 lbs, so I purchased this one with the idea that I would be covered should my chunkas exceed the weight limit that other seats have.

I plan on buying another one for Jonah in the next couple of months.

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Kim, your infant seat goes all the way up to 30 pounds!! Can you imagine someone trying to carry that around.Yikes.

Anyway, to answer your question we are going with the Marathon too. I love them. We have used them with all the kids. DD outgrew the height long before she hit the 65 pounds but it was still a good seat until we put her in a booster.

I am freakish about carseats and have spent a ridiculous amount of hours researching them. Gabe has 2 more pounds to go before he hits the 22 pound limit and is out of his infant seat. We have an extra Britax from when our foster son was here so I am just going to buy a cool new cover for it. At the rate he is going I figure we will need to transition next month.

Another thing about the Britax that I like is they have a 6 year expiration and a lot of other seats have a 5 year......just an added bonus.
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    We got the Evenflo Triumph Advance. It is supposed to be comparative to the Britax, just less expensive. We got one for each car, and we've been using it for about a month now and love it so far. Patrick used to scream in his infant seat (which was supposed to go up to 32 lbs!!!), but now he has plenty of room and is able to sit up a bit more. A happy baby makes a happy mommy!

Dawn

J&FM2005
    tired:-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by DMS721 View Post
    We got the Evenflo Triumph Advance. It is supposed to be comparative to the Britax, just less expensive. We got one for each car, and we've been using it for about a month now and love it so far. Patrick used to scream in his infant seat (which was supposed to go up to 32 lbs!!!), but now he has plenty of room and is able to sit up a bit more. A happy baby makes a happy mommy!

Dawn
    Madi screams in hers too. I think it is the recline. Is his new seat more upright?
    Jillian 33 DH 39
    DD Emily 3/19/99 PDD, Epilepsy
    IVF#1 11/08 BFP - DD Madi 7/22/09

DS John our sweet little miracle born 12/16/2010 at 34w5d

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by J&FM2005 View Post
    Madi screams in hers too. I think it is the recline. Is his new seat more upright?
    Yes, the new seat is more upright. It still faces backwards obviously, but he is sitting up more and it also is higher so he can see out a bit (that is when he doesn't fall asleep in it lol). Here is a picture of him in it in our living room as I was testing out how to get him buckled in to it.

Dawn

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kim,
    Have you seen Babies-R-Us trade-in offer? If you are going to fork out big money for a carseat you may as well get the 25% off. I think it is going on until 2/20. We've done their trade-ins before and it is super easy!

Also, I hope I in no way implied that Britax was best....just the one that I always pick.
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

janslem
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got the Graco My Ride 65. It is rather large but very comfy. Carson seems to really be happy in it.

Janslem
    dx PCOS in 1995, hypothyriod in 1999
    6 injection cycles with 2 IUI!
    1 5/03, 1 chemical 10/01,
    1 blighted ovum 12/03

Braelyn Claire born 4/25/07

Carson Paul born 7/15/09

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    janslem - that was going to be my first choice, but I couldn't find enough reviews/research on it to be comfortable with it. I'm glad to hear that you really like it.

Dawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast