FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone Else's LO have a cold yet?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Michellei
    My schedule is overwhelming...yet here I am on FT!
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Else's LO have a cold yet?

Brooklyn has had two colds in the last month. I thought breast fed babies are supposed to be healthier? My two older dd's weren't bf as long and they were hardly ever sick!

I gave her a bath today in vicks vapor baby bath, sucked the snot out of her nose, and I got some homeopathic baby cold drops for her.

Have your LO's had a cold yet? If so, what have/are you doing for them?
    Michellei
    Caffeine junkie married to a PB junkie...15+ years
    DD #1 8yrs. DD #2 6yrs
    DD #3 2yrs

2. Advertisement

SYP28
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't breast feed but my LO just got over a cold that she got from DH about a week ago. I used a humidifier with the vapor steam and a baby rub. I hope she gets better soon.

rysmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cami is just getting over her first cold too. I used the humidifier and night and suctioned her with the bulb during the day and also tried to keep her propped up as much as I could....that seemed to help.
    Carin
    Me 39, DH 42
    1 2/2000 , DS 10/2001
    TTC#2 since 6/2007, 2 rounds clomid, 3 IUI's - BFN
    IVF #1-Sept 08 - no eggs fertilized, IVF# 2-Nov 08,BFP! Beta#1(14 dpo)129, Beta#2(16pdo) 280, Beta#3(23dpo) 5040
    U/S #1 12/7 (6wk2d) U/S#2 (7wk2d) 12/14 - 140 bpm. U/S (8wk6d) - 171 bpm.

Charmian
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brodie is BF and he is just getting over his second cold....
    Charmian

mommy to angel baby
    Joshua Robert b/d Feb 9, 04 @ 25wks 6days via emergency c-section.
    Suspected PROM at 16wks 5 days, severe oligohydramnios and PTL.
    Surprise EDD 08/11/09, scheduled c section.
    Welcome ~Brodie Steven William~ our rainbow baby, July 20, 2009 9:53am at 36wks6days 6lbs 5 oz 19.5 inches Mommy and Daddy are in love

J&FM2005
    tired:-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    She could getting sick from the older two. I make DD E changed clothes and wash her hands as soon as she gets home.

Also, all kids are different. Some kids are sick more than others.

Remember too, the "healthier" part of BFing extends the whole life - less likely to develop cancer, diabetes, and heart disease, in addition to obesity.
    Jillian 33 DH 39
    DD Emily 3/19/99 PDD, Epilepsy
    IVF#1 11/08 BFP - DD Madi 7/22/09

DS John our sweet little miracle born 12/16/2010 at 34w5d

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gabe has had his cold for over a week now. It seems to be getting worse not better. He doesn't seem unhappy about it but he is waking up a lot more at night. I think the BF helps his nose clear up.
    However, I know of 3 people in the last month who thought their child/baby just had a cold and it turns out it was pnemonia! It has got me a little nervous because their kiddos really had no symptoms other than what appeared to be a cold.
    I hate to take him in for nothing but I may call the doc and go in just for peace of mind.
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

Michellei
    My schedule is overwhelming...yet here I am on FT!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amygirl View Post
    Gabe has had his cold for over a week now. It seems to be getting worse not better. He doesn't seem unhappy about it but he is waking up a lot more at night. I think the BF helps his nose clear up.
    However, I know of 3 people in the last month who thought their child/baby just had a cold and it turns out it was pnemonia! It has got me a little nervous because their kiddos really had no symptoms other than what appeared to be a cold.
    I hate to take him in for nothing but I may call the doc and go in just for peace of mind.
    Amy, do you know if those people noticed a fever in their LO's? B just got over her second cold...and she woke up yesterday with a runny nose again and matted eyes. I think I will call the doctor. She hasn't run a fever and she still has an appetite. But, it has been very cold here....below zero temps kind of cold. So, maybe it's that? Ugh!
    Michellei
    Caffeine junkie married to a PB junkie...15+ years
    DD #1 8yrs. DD #2 6yrs
    DD #3 2yrs

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    The baby that has it didn't have a fever at all that they knew of. The other little girl just got a very low grade fever after she had been sick for two weeks. That's when her mom brought her in the the doctor.

It sure has been a strange year for sickness though. Back in October dd had the flu (dr. suspected it was H1N1) but it was so mild, only had a low fever for one day. Really the only reason I took her in was because her cough wasn't going away and it ended up being the flu.

But I also don't want to bring a healthy baby into the office where he will be exposed to other sick kids, you know? Let me know how Brooklyn is doing if you take her in.
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)