FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Hug your babies tight for me.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    McKenna
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hug your babies tight for me.

Hi ladies. I am so very moved by the support I see on our board here. It comforts me to know you are thinking of us and praying and will never forget my little angel. PLEASE do something for me today. Hug your babies extra tight and tell them that Gabby is watching over them from Heaven. Kiss their sweet cheeks and tell them Gabby sends all her love. Cherish every second with them...every diaper change...every feeding...every middle-of-the-night awakening. Hold them close and think of Gabby. I wish I could kiss all of your little babies right now. I miss my little girl so much.

I know this may seem strange to some of you. Heck, it even seems a bit strange to me. But I have an extreme desire to have another baby. In a way, I feel guilty for feeling that way, but I believe we all deal with grief in different ways and none of them are wrong. NOTHING will ever replace Gabby or come close. But I do want to replace the sadness with joy. Gabby would want that. So DH and I are not getting anything snipped or clipped just yet. I'm going to spend some time taking care of my girls and getting myself in better physical shape. And then we pray that God will give us another precious baby....a little earthly brother or sister for Gabby.
    McKenna

Me (34) DH (35) Together 19 years!

#1 M(8.5) SPD, ADHD, AD-NOS
    #2 O(6.5) SPD
    #3 G (7/11/09 - 11/20/09) Down syndrome, congenital heart defects, subm. CP, syndactyly - died in my arms after open-heart surgery
    #4 L (7 mos) ASD heart defect - closed by 6 mos

6.5 years of IF

There is always a choice - choose life!

2. Advertisement

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    McKenna, I have Gabe sitting here on my lap when I was reading your post. Be assured that our babies will definitely be getting lots of extra hugs. I think we have all been counting our blessings affter the loss of Gabby.

I can totally understand your desire to have another baby. DH and I were talking about Gabby the other night and I told him that if I lost my baby I would want to have another, like you said not that anything could replace the child that died but my heart would still want another child. I pray that God will fulfill that desire for you in his perfect timing.

You are so strong McKenna. While I will understand if you don't come by the August board too much I just want you to know what a blessing you have always been to this board and i feel so blessed to have "known" Gabby and got to celebrate her life with you while she was here.

Big hugs and lots of prayers to you and your family.
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

Charmian
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh McKenna...my heart is breaking for you...I am sure that my little Joshua welcomed Gabby to heaven and will watch over her....
    I am so sad that you have to know this pain....I remember the early days after loosing Joshua. Everything was a blur and I felt so numb. His funeral was so hard and I just couldn't bear the thought of saying goodbye to him
    Please, when you feel up to it, join us on the loss board. There are so many mommies there who understand what you are going through....when you are ready we will be there for you. Until then, just remember to breathe. Hold tight to your husband and your other children and to the knowledge that Gabby has touched so many lives, including my own...
    Sending you thoughts of peace and healing.
    Charmian

mommy to angel baby
    Joshua Robert b/d Feb 9, 04 @ 25wks 6days via emergency c-section.
    Suspected PROM at 16wks 5 days, severe oligohydramnios and PTL.
    Surprise EDD 08/11/09, scheduled c section.
    Welcome ~Brodie Steven William~ our rainbow baby, July 20, 2009 9:53am at 36wks6days 6lbs 5 oz 19.5 inches Mommy and Daddy are in love

Michellei
    My schedule is overwhelming...yet here I am on FT!
    Post Thanks / Like
    McKenna,

Your strength is amazing and inspiring. I know it comes from the Lord and is an answer to so many prayers prayed for you by many here on FT. I will never, ever forget Gabby. She was not here for long but she brought so much into each of our lives. Much more than some people who are already of an elderly age.

My mom passed away 3.5 yrs. ago. She loved babies. Her own little brother was born with Downs. And, I just know that she has already met little Gabby...perhaps even been able to play with her. It brings me much comfort to know that Gabby is there in Heaven with my mom. I know she must have other family there. But, I just have this feeling that they already know each other.

I have kissed Brooklyn's cheeks until she fusses at me and I have hugged her tight. I know you would do the same if you were holding her too. And, I do not blame you at all for desiring another child. I pray that you have another when you are ready. And, that he/she brings much joy into your families lives.

Draw closer to your DH and precious girls during this time of grieving. You all need each other more now than ever. Gabby loves each of you..and she will see you again someday.

I am so very sorry for your loss. We're here for you, don't hesitate to come visit with us when you want...after all, you are still part of us!
    Michellei
    Caffeine junkie married to a PB junkie...15+ years
    DD #1 8yrs. DD #2 6yrs
    DD #3 2yrs

B
    is trying to keep on keeping on...
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Barge from July McKenna and ladies,

We were all pg at the same time and I've followed all of you, especially Gabby. I just want to tell you how sorry I am and how much your advice touched me tonight about hugging our babies tight. I will definitely always remember what you're going through and you should know you're held deeply in my heart right now.

Love,
    Brandi

AMF
    thinks Molly's status is a hoot!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    I will McKenna. We've been thinking about you.

thunderbird
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've hugged and kissed mine too. Thank you for letting us share in Gabby's sweet life, McKenna, and for being such a wonderful example of unconditional love. Be healthy, and love to your girls.
    TTC for 3 years. IVF #1 Feb 2007 FET #1 May 2007 - Owen born 1/22/08!
    Alison born 8/14/09!

designer&chef
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

oh mckenna

jesus god in heaven...i havent been on this site for over a month and when i just logged on I was struck with grief. I truly feel that Gabby was a part of my heart since we have been posting together since December of last year. I am sobbing as I am writing you this as my heart is breaking...I can't even fathom it and I just don't understand it...how could god take such a beautiful, sweet special baby girl...it's beyond me. I am so, so, so, sorry McKenna. If there is ANYTHING I can do please let me know. ANYTHING!
    Please be strong and if another baby is what will help fill the void I say go for it...I am so sad. God bless you Gabby and your family. Jillian

Dylan 10 years old
    Hunter 6 years old
    adopted from Russia!