FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Help my LO cries when she goes to other peoples house.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SYP28
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Help my LO cries when she goes to other peoples house.

Hi ladies,

I hope that everyone is doing great with their LO. I need some help here. My LO was always a quiet baby since she was born 3 months ago. She only cries when she is hungry. On Saturday, I took her to my parent’s house and the minute she got there she started crying hysterically. She cried every time they looked at her. On Sunday, DH took her to his parent’s house and she did the same thing again but worst this time. She started daycare 3 weeks ago and doesn't seem to cry when she goes there. She doesn't cry at home either. I think that maybe she is just starting to recognize people and her surroundings. Is this normal behavior? Is anyone experiencing this or has? I hope that this is a phase.

Thanks

2. Advertisement

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's never any fun.
    However, on the flip side it sounds like she is exactly on target developmentally for stranger anxiety which sets in around 3 months.

When we would go to someone else's house my LO's always had to be in my arms (hard for relatives that just want to love on those babies though)!

Hope it gets better for you soon. (Or maybe it will be a good excuse not to have to visit the in-laws for a while)!
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not had that problem YET with Calista. But, with Connor it was horrible when he turned 3 months old. We had to leave a few different functions because of his hysterics.

The worst was his first visit with his birth parents and birth grandparents. All they wanted to do was hug and love on him, and all Connor did was wail. I felt sooo bad. After that we had a few family events and dinner at friends we had to leave early due to his crying. But, once he was in his car seat in the car, he calmed down and was fine the rest of the evening at our house.

This stage does seem to disappear as quickly as it's onset. Good luck, it's a not so fun phase.
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-
    CJ (7-18-08) Miracle of domestic adoption!
    CC (8-13-09) Natural Surprise

J&FM2005
    tired:-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    DD E was really bad about "strangers."

We haven't hit is YET with Madi but I fear it is coming soon.

Hang in there - according to theorists, it confirms you are doing a great job and she knows she can trust you
    Jillian 33 DH 39
    DD Emily 3/19/99 PDD, Epilepsy
    IVF#1 11/08 BFP - DD Madi 7/22/09

DS John our sweet little miracle born 12/16/2010 at 34w5d

janslem
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad my lil one isnt the only one. I thought it was just my son. Carson does this at his grandparents house too. They have made the comment that he really doesnt like this house or maybe he doesnt like us. I felt really bad for him and them. Does anyone know when they grow out of this?

janslem
    dx PCOS in 1995, hypothyriod in 1999
    6 injection cycles with 2 IUI!
    1 5/03, 1 chemical 10/01,
    1 blighted ovum 12/03

Braelyn Claire born 4/25/07

Carson Paul born 7/15/09

Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK let me think about this. Last Nov, Connor was 4 months and that whole month was the "peak" of stranger issues. I swear it was better by 5 months - because in Dec when he was 5 mo old, we were able to go to all our Christmas functions without him melting
    down.

Here was a post I did last year about his melt downs....

Help?! I think I'm raising a Cling-on? Maybe a Mama's Boy?

So, I would guess a month-ish. At 5 months we mored from stranger issues to sleeping issues - that was when he became a sleep fighter and we had to learn about sleep training.
    Last edited by Lovey1226; 11-10-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-
    CJ (7-18-08) Miracle of domestic adoption!
    CC (8-13-09) Natural Surprise