FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Miss Independent

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jilltine
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Miss Independent

Allie is now 9 weeks old and already has a personality of her own. Lately she would rather sit in her bouncy seat, and swing then be held. Is this normal? I remember posting when she was about 2 weeks old saying she wouldn't let me put her down so I held her all the time. I know the Dr told me that some babies will let you know when they have had enough, but really the only time she wants to be held is when she is eating or sleepy. I guess maybe she takes after me and wants her alone time. Does anyone elses baby act like this or is this maybe a phase?
    Jill 33/Andy 39

Allison Kathleen 8-09 miracle through 3rd IVF
    Maci Lee 1-11 Natural surprise

2. Advertisement

McKenna
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Both of my older girls wanted to be held...all the time. Gabby will fuss sometimes just to be put down. Sometimes she doesn't want to be held and cuddled, and she'll let us know it. I think it just varies from child to child. I think if I had someone picking me up all day long, I'd reach a point where I'd just want to be put down and left alone.

Allie is adorable. I love your avatar!
    McKenna

Me (34) DH (35) Together 19 years!

#1 M(8.5) SPD, ADHD, AD-NOS
    #2 O(6.5) SPD
    #3 G (7/11/09 - 11/20/09) Down syndrome, congenital heart defects, subm. CP, syndactyly - died in my arms after open-heart surgery
    #4 L (7 mos) ASD heart defect - closed by 6 mos

6.5 years of IF

There is always a choice - choose life!

Michellei
    My schedule is overwhelming...yet here I am on FT!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brooklyn is getting to where she wants to be held all the time. This has resulted in my great improvement in doing everything one handed!
    Michellei
    Caffeine junkie married to a PB junkie...15+ years
    DD #1 8yrs. DD #2 6yrs
    DD #3 2yrs