FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
reflux?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    designer&chef
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

reflux?

i am having some issues...for the last 4 days I think Joshua has had reflux and it is getting much worse...as you all know he is a chill kind of baby so this is freaking me out. he spits up and slobbers all the time, crys constantly and cant be consoled, kind of cough/hiccups all the time when he cries. today i was holding him on his tummy with his head on my shoulder and i noticed he had sour bad breath. he arches his back and stiffens where i cant even bend him...poor baby...i can tell he is in pain. he still loves to eat and he is exclusively formula fed.
    David 42/Jillian 40
    Joshua David Born July 30, 2009

Dylan 10 years old
    Hunter 6 years old
    adopted from Russia!

2. Advertisement

J&FM2005
    tired:-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Did you already have your two month check-up? If so, I would track his symptoms for a couple of weeks then schedule an appointment with the doc.

We tracked symptoms with Madi and it was helpful when discussing it with the doc today.
    Jillian 33 DH 39
    DD Emily 3/19/99 PDD, Epilepsy
    IVF#1 11/08 BFP - DD Madi 7/22/09

DS John our sweet little miracle born 12/16/2010 at 34w5d

BUNKER
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Until you get to the doc try Mylicon drops (or the MUCH less expensive generic). They help with the gas pain aspect at least to keep him comfortable. They are a godsend. I put some in each of M's bottles and we give it throughout the day as needed. M has bad reflux so I can sympathize. I hope this helps.
    H
    Holly (35), DH (35)
    6/29/04

L was born 1-26-07
    M was born 7-24-09

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    We use the Target brand Mylicon drops and put several drops in each of Patrick's bottles. He is also exclusively formula fed. We've been doing this since he was about 3 weeks old and it has made a huge difference.

Dawn

designer&chef
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    he is doing a little better today...changed formula again from soy which he was doing so well on before to similac r.s., using gripewater and mylecon in bottle. hope this will stop it. it is noooo fun! i feel for you moms that are dealing with this.
    David 42/Jillian 40

Dylan 10 years old
    Hunter 6 years old
    adopted from Russia!

McKenna
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Both of my older DDs had severe reflux and screamed A LOT. Nothing really helped until they started taking Prevacid at 6 mos. of age. Gabby has reflux too, but she doesn't get as upset about it as my older girls did. I am glad to hear Joshua is doing a little better.
    McKenna

Me (34) DH (35) Together 19 years!

#1 M(8.5) SPD, ADHD, AD-NOS
    #2 O(6.5) SPD
    #3 G (7/11/09 - 11/20/09) Down syndrome, congenital heart defects, subm. CP, syndactyly - died in my arms after open-heart surgery
    #4 L (7 mos) ASD heart defect - closed by 6 mos

6.5 years of IF

There is always a choice - choose life!

jilltine
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Allie was also getting episodes of fussy, back bending, can't really be calmed from about 4pm until she went to sleep. Went to the Dr and was told it is colic and I had to try soothing techniques.
    Last edited by jilltine; 10-14-2009 at 11:00 AM.
    Jill 33/Andy 39

Allison Kathleen 8-09 miracle through 3rd IVF
    Maci Lee 1-11 Natural surprise

thunderbird
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Ally spits up a lot more than her older brother did. I've been wondering if she has reflux too. But she calms down ok if she's held. So I just dunno where the line is between regular spit ups and reflux.
    TTC for 3 years. IVF #1 Feb 2007 FET #1 May 2007 - Owen born 1/22/08!
    Alison born 8/14/09!

designer&chef
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    jilltine...have you tried gripewater? I think it helps Josh a little bit. I have been putting it in his bottle.
    David 42/Jillian 40

Dylan 10 years old
    Hunter 6 years old
    adopted from Russia!

BUNKER
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tbird- In my experience, having one LO with no reflux and one with it pretty bad according to CHOP....If you need to walk around with a bath towel as a burpcloth (which I do), then it's reflux. L just had some spitting up right after eating. M vomits throughout the day in larger amounts and has fussy periods where he is uncomfortable from the heartburn. He is on Prilosec and we put gas drops in his bottles and give him some periodically if patting and burping doesn't help. When it is the 'I'm in pain cry', know what I mean? Often reflux babies pull their legs up and/or arch their back in pain too. It is no fun. Luckily M seems pretty comfortable with the help of the meds. We just do laundry every day between all the towels, burpclothes, DH and my clothes, sheets, slipcovers, etc... all getting puked on. NO FUN. But he sure is cute .
    Hope this helps define it a bit for you.
    Holly (35), DH (35)
    6/29/04

L was born 1-26-07
    M was born 7-24-09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast