FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
O/T...foster son

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like

O/T...foster son

Hey, on a side note I just noticed we need a new bi-weekly thread.

Anyway, our former foster son's dad called us this weekend and asked us when we wanted to visit with FS! WooHoo! We met him at the play area in the mall and got to hang out with him yesterday. He seemed really happy going back and forth between us and dad. He did cry when we left but we were prepared for that. The dad said he would come to our "soon to be adopted" dd's birthday party next month. If we could keep up a monthly visit with him it would be so great. Hopefully he will always know he has 2 families that love him.

Just had to share my good news!!
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

2. Advertisement

Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    YEAH!!! Good visit! Like we always said with Ds's birth family- you can NEVER have too many people love you!!! I hope Ds's B-dad keeps up with visits. That would be great for teh kids and you guys!!! Woo-hoo!

On a side note here....Step-MIL watched our DS and DD on Saturday while we went out. She is friends with Ds's birth family, so she decided to stop by and show them Callie. Well, birth aunt (she's 13) introduced my son to a neighbor using his birth name (which is his 2nd middle name). I forget that my son is known to another family as a totally different name. Currently his b-mom still does not use his name, and simply calls him "Little Man" or slips and uses his birth name. i'm still working thru my feelins on this, as it's not big deal. I figure when he's old enough, he can correct her himself. Anyway, just hearing they use his birth name sorta is weird to me. Apparently is caught Step- MIL totally off guard. That is my little aside....
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-
    CJ (7-18-08) Miracle of domestic adoption!
    CC (8-13-09) Natural Surprise

Amygirl
    shocked
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused. If you guys have had him since birth how did the bio give him a birth name?? Sounds like there is a story behind that one.

There is always some drama that comes along with adoption huh? I just found out dd's bio-mom is in jail AGAIN!! I am so glad dd is too young to have any idea what has become of her birthmother.
    DD (8)
    DD (5) ~ our beautiful gift through adoption
    DS (2)
    Shocked to find out #4 is on it's way (Due Date 12/10/12)

Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drama- yep. There is always a catalyst that starts up something with the birth family "needing" a visit or something. Which visits are great, but lately they have been filled with drama of birth grandma just wanting to see Ds alone without birth mom. Then birth mom gets mad, ugh... It's just another something to deal with...Which is ok but there is just tooo much drama.

But, yes, he has a birth name on his original birth cerfiticate B-mom filled out. In our state she had parental rights for at least 3 days so she had to do a birth certificate, a SS number for him, etc. But since the adoption that is all sealed and our name is on his new official birth cerfiticate and he has a new ss number . It's just still odd to hear them using his birth name, since we have never used it. Oh well...When he's old enough I know he'll correct them.
    Kim (35) & Dh (35)-
    CJ (7-18-08) Miracle of domestic adoption!
    CC (8-13-09) Natural Surprise