FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Gabby's apnea monitor.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    McKenna
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gabby's apnea monitor.

A lady came out yesterday to set up Gabby's monitor. It keeps track of her breathing and heart rate. It is LOUD! I truly think the neighbors will know if it goes off. Wow! It makes my ears ring, but I guess that's the point. No chance of us sleeping through it. We didn't hook her up to it last night for various reasons, but we plan to start her on it tonight. My older girls have lots of issues with loud noises, so it should be interesting. The company that brought the monitor out wants me to take an infant CPR course right away. That was on my "to do" list anyway, so I guess I'll have to figure out how to work it in.
    McKenna

Me (34) DH (35) Together 19 years!

#1 M(8.5) SPD, ADHD, AD-NOS
    #2 O(6.5) SPD
    #3 G (7/11/09 - 11/20/09) Down syndrome, congenital heart defects, subm. CP, syndactyly - died in my arms after open-heart surgery
    #4 L (7 mos) ASD heart defect - closed by 6 mos

6.5 years of IF

There is always a choice - choose life!

2. Advertisement

MomNC
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    **barge**

My son had an apnea monitor, and yes, they are LOUD. You don't have to worry about sleeping through it.

Here is what we learned very quickly: Make sure you know how to put the leads on correctly!!!

The first nurse who showed us how to do it had us put the leads on too low. And the result....the monitor wasn't picking up his breathing (even though he was) and would alarm off constantly. Once we had another nurse show us the PROPER placement, it was much better.
    VERY proud mommy to ALL my children:

The Dynamic Duo
    Nicholas Aragorn - Officially seven!!
    Caeden Tobiah - Officially seven!!

And my very special angels ........
    Sawyer Evan and Dylan Annelise - given in love to the Universe on August 18, 2007
    Sadie- My spontaneous singleton - m/c March 25, 2008

thunderbird
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Work it into your copious spare time, huh, McKenna? Boy oh boy have you got a lot on your plate. Hope the older girls can cope with the loud noise, and that the monitor doesn't go off too frequently.
    TTC for 3 years. IVF #1 Feb 2007 FET #1 May 2007 - Owen born 1/22/08!
    Alison born 8/14/09!

BUNKER
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    same thing happened to my cousin. her dh put the leads on incorrectly and had the same problem.
    sorry for all lowers....typing one handed. baby in arms.
    Holly (35), DH (35)
    6/29/04

L was born 1-26-07
    M was born 7-24-09