FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Thin PCOSer, looking for alternative!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    linz93
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Thin PCOSer, looking for alternative!

Hi all! So glad I found this site, so many supportive ladies and good advice.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in spring 2015. I went off the BCP in August 2014 after I finished my sugar pills, I just never started a new pack. Well I didn't get a period again until January 2015. Even then it was more of a bloody discharge then a period, it lasted like 3 days. In March I went to the doctors. At first I went to my general practitioner, she scheduled an ultrasound. Found out on the ultrasound I found I had polycystic ovaries. I went back to the general doctor. After she told me to go back on BCP and I didn't want to, she referred me to the gyno. I went to the gyno. She took some blood draws and gave me a prescription for Provera if I didn't bleed naturally every 3 months. The results came back, everything was normal. I did have testosterone on the high side of normal at 55 and a DHEAS of 374, which is elevated. I was referred to the endo, he did a 17 hydroxyprogestorone test and everything came back normal on that. I am so lost at what to do. I did get another period after 4 months in May, then again in July. Then I must have been reading too much online and decided to try natural progesterone cream at the end of July and got another bleed. Then again I had spotting just last week (mid August). I feel my body is so out of whack! I also have a BMI of 18, which I know is low. But is genetic, both my mom and sister are underweight too with no problems. The reason I tried natural progesterone cream is because of my low BMI I suspected hypothalamic amenorrhea and researched if you don't get a bleed from Provera (or cream) that you might have hypothalamic amenorrhea. Well I got bleed. I used it twice a day for maybe a week.

I would prefer a natural method to help me! I have faith I can beat this.

2. Advertisement

SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    *commented on your other post
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

callisy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Natural Treatments for PCOS can provide profound changes for women suffering from symptoms such as weight gain, excess hair growth, acne, irregular periods and infertility. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormone disorder characterised by the accumulation of what appears to be numerous fluid-filled cysts on the ovaries. These cysts develop over time as the ova (eggs) fail to mature, then release during the menstrual cycle. This causes multiple immature ova to be visible on ultrasound, which are mistakenly called cysts. Over the past few years our understanding of how PCOS develops has changed the way this hormone disorder is treated. Natural treatments for PCOS can address the root causes of this difficult condition. Time and time again women are seeing results using a PCOS diet plan, supplements, herbs and lifestyle adjustments. Acupuncture is helpful for PCOS, Some acupuncture points are used to move blood, break up stagnation and stop pain. Aromatherapy can assist and support the reproductive system, and gently contribute to rebalancing your hormones. The introduction of a regular exercise program to improve fitness, insulin resistance and maintain a healthy weight is important. This is according to how my doctor t Bio tex would have kept it.