FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Foods to aid fertility

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hopefulmommie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, regarding Julia Indichova's books, I have actually read both (Inconcievable and The Fertile Female), and while she did have trouble getting pregnant with her second child, her work is by no means related only to secondary infertility. She has helped numerous people get pregnant, from people who have never been pregnant before to people who have suffered from secondary infertility.

2. Advertisement

Medicmedic
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angry
    Has anyone used honey for alternative health care? Raw honey, which is unpasteurized, has phytonutrients - as well as antibacterial and antifungal properties. The darker the honey the greater the antibacterial/antioxidant power. Lab studies have shown that honey can inhibit the growth of E. coli, salmonella, staphyloccocus and pseudomonas.

When shopping for honey, you can be presented with a number of varieties depending on the floral source gathered by the bee. USDA grading of honey is dependent on calrity, aroma, flavor and absence of sediment. Grading has nothing to do with the darkness of the honey.

Honey contains vitamins B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and amino acids. Minerals include calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.

Manuka honey contains about 4 times greater the amounts of the above listed nutrients.

It's said the word "honeymoon" stems from the ritual of couples taking a spoonful of honey at night to speed up babymaking. Honey has been said to rejuvenate aging sex organs in both men and women, stimulate ovarian function, improve egg quality and increase sexual stamina.

*Honey can cause a dangerous disease known as botulism in infants, children under the age of one should never consume honey, raw or pasteurized.

Had I known eating something sweet could potentially improve my fertility, I would have picked this over some of the other nasty foods I chose!
    Me- 41 Secondary Infertility, Hydrosalpinx, DH- 26 No known defects
    My Own Eggs- IVF 10/12 BFN, IVF 12/12 BFN, FET 1/13 BFN, IVF 2/13 BFN
    Donor Eggs- IVF 4/13 Frozen Eggs BFN, IVF 7/13 Fresh Donor eSet BFN, FET 8/13 BFN; FET eSET 10/13 BFN; FET of 2 11/13 BFP, first beta 304, second 1106, third 10246 (5w4d pg) u/s shows ONE bean!

My blog - Normal People Don't Talk About This
    Likes HelpAtFertilityAuthority liked this post

Ashley_VA07
    hopeful
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    I use to do the raw honey.
    Me (27) PCOS and possible endometriosis
    BF (35) SA perfect
    2013 started diet and herbal treatments
    2014-15 6 rounds of Clomid, 6 Rounds of Femera all BFN
    2016-First IUI scheduled in May

charla1985
    TTC

Post Thanks / Like
    Bonus! My uncle has a hive and I get all the AAA organic honey I can get! Nice to know the sweetness on my blueberries is also a fertility booster!
    Me-29 Stage 2 Endo, DH-zero sperm
    lap done 10/12 DH-34 suspected MF, testing to come for previous hernias, recessed testes at birth,
    07/13 m/c @ 12 -15 weeks, medication caused-conatined Misopropal, not given proper warnings when px, unconfirmed PG (meds blocked BFP in 9 HPT - so no bloodwork done) until I was M/C ing
    TTC since 10/13

PaleoMama
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    great post k.c.a.

and a great list! i almost have nothing to add or criticise
    only maybe the part about coffee...there are several conflicting studies about this, but it seems quite probable that ONE cup of coffee does not really hurt fertility that much.

as the matter of fact, the best scientific evidence to date clearly says that mediterranean diet works best for women who are trying to conceive (which contains most of the stuff from your list). i've written tons of articles about it already, in my book there is a chapter on it, but for those who don't know any of that here is a link to one very good study published in fertility and sterility in 2010:

mediterranean ivf - PubMed - NCBI

fertility diet is also OK, but the data published originally by the harvard researchers were focused on women with ovulatory issues, which is only one aspect of infertility.
    Not often in forum and not entitled to give medical advice - no PM, please! Welcome to my blog:
    Get pregnant after 35
    MY e-BOOK: How to Improve Egg Quality

Ashley_VA07
    hopeful
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Good point paleo mom.. I actually started a low GI diet and it has one cup of coffee for breakfast. The things that make coffee bad can be the creamers and the sugar that is used.
    Me (27) PCOS and possible endometriosis
    BF (35) SA perfect
    2013 started diet and herbal treatments
    2014-15 6 rounds of Clomid, 6 Rounds of Femera all BFN
    2016-First IUI scheduled in May

Taajsgpm
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very thorough list thanks KCA

Hoping1128
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been eating paleo for 5 yrs and I'm still not pregnant, so I know diet DOES play a part, but it's not 100%. I have unexplained infertility. According to my doc I'm the perfect picture of health. But I'm wording what your thoughts are on caffeine?

ashleydisel
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great list of foods found in The Female fertility diet.... Thanks for shearing. I have read many blogs but crucialstart[dot]com has a provided best blogs.

sophia ellison
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are pregnant, always eat food that contains nutrition. Nutrition plays an important role to having a healthy reproductive system that helps to protect the egg and sperm. The fertility diet helps your body to equilibrium fertility issues and provides the building blocks for a healthy baby. So, you have to add fertility-boosting foods in your diet.
    - Beans
    - Green vegetables
    - Bananas
    - Almonds
    - Eggs
    - Broccoli
    - Brown rice
    - Milk
    - Meat
    - Sunflower seeds

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast