FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I am in shock(pg ment.)

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    katiesmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Confused

I am in shock(pg ment.)

Why is it that I have done this 4x over and it still floors me. I took a pg test this morning and it was++++++++++ dh and I only decided to go for it last Thursday. We must have already been pg on that day. I have been on birth control and went off of it because my bleeding was so erratic it was driving me nuts. I have not gotten my period yet. I figured it would take a few months to get back to normal cycles and then by some miracle we might get pg. But here I am already. I am so excited I feel so blessed by G-D right now I can hardly contain myself. But there is a black cloud luming above. DH. yes we did talk about it but he had been so wishy washy and may have been caught up in the moment of the holiday when he agreed to have another baby. I was going to talk to him about it again in a week or so after he had time to think. Now I am afraid to tell him. I took the test this morning in a different bathroom. When he got out of the shower he was in such a bad mood this morning I certainly did not want to announce it then. I am afraid he will stomp on my happiness and it will cause much tension between us. I had to endure his hatefulness when I was pg with ds. He is always so worried about what could go wrong with a pg that he cant enjoy it at all. And inturn he takes the fun out of it for me too. and makes me sick with worry that I will die and leave he and the kids alone. I know that sounds nuts to think I will die but I almost did with dd. But it was a very rare condition. It scared him to death and he does not look at pg the same way since. I could go on and on but I have to get dd ready for school. Please send any ++++ thoguhts you can spare for when I do tell dh. It may take me a few days to build up the nerve. I want to cherish this pg daily.
    Linda

TTC 4 years 6 failed Clomid/HCG/IUI
    *KB natural suprise miracle born at 28 weeks 9/14/99 due to HELLP syn.
    *JB another natural suprise 6/16/04
    AND BABY make three MADISON CLAIRE!!!!! born June 22nd 6lbs 2 oz our family is complete

2. Advertisement

dutchgirl
    is :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    WOW!! Congratulations to you Linda!!! That is absolutely amazing. There have been so many surprises around here lately and I guess this was just meant to be I hope that you have a wonderful pg and that your DH comes around. Maybe if he sees you having a better time of it his mind will be put at ease??! All my best to you
    Lisa
    My three sweet miracles
    DS = the big 8!
    DD = 6...going on 16
    DS = just shy of TWO!

raz
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    congrats! I KNOW EXACTLY how you feel! I feel honored to be sharing the same experience with you! I am still in shock myself!

~~~~~~~~~~~hugs~~~~~~~~~~``
    and congrats~~
    Your star shone brilliantly, if but a fleeting moment, etched forever in my heart. My heart ached so sadly when your light ceased to be, for me losing you, and for you, losing me.
    16+ y ttc, 8 prg, 7 M/c
    4 blighted O:90,92 x2,95
    11/05 in c-s scar. 2/10/06, (9w4d-hb) 10/10/06 (9w1d -hb)
    & 1 miracle 9/25/04 Hunter Isaac Lee

Diagnosis: Turner's mosiac syndrome

DDVMM
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    Congrats! I am sure everything will work out!
    DD 9/99 DD 3/01 DS 12/03 DD 7/08
    Thyroid Cancer SurvivorSurvivingSTRONG!!

littlecalista
    has no status.
    My heart is still in Seattle, the rest of me is in FL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations!!! I hope DH shares in your joy this time around.
    8 years of Primary IF, IUI x5, IVF x3, donor embryo x2, DIUI x2, 3 losses, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
    DS+IVF/ICSI #3= One embryo success story! 4/03/2004
    DIUI #2 = Twins Born 6/27/2007 (34w2d) Surviving and thriving after NEC!

9/05 3/06 12/07

LindaG
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, many congrats, hope DH takes the news better than you think.
    Take care,
    Linda

Sweedie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations!! I'm left a little curious about your story. But it sounds like your DH is scared to death of losing you. I wonder if you've told him by the time I write this. I hope he's sharing in your joy!!!

You are very blessed. Congrats!

katiesmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Confused
    I still have not told him as of wednesday 6:44 pm. We are now all so busy talking about hurricanes I just have not found that window yet. Maybe I am underestimating him but the way he acted with ds was just totally unacceptable and I will not tolerate it this time. He may suprise me but I just dont know. I have been so happy today I just cant bare the though of his negative reaction. We did talk about it so much lately maybe I am wrong to feel the way I do. The longer I wait the more upset he is going to be with me for not beleiving in him. I just REALLY REALLY dont need the negativity.
    Linda

TTC 4 years 6 failed Clomid/HCG/IUI
    *KB natural suprise miracle born at 28 weeks 9/14/99 due to HELLP syn.
    *JB another natural suprise 6/16/04
    AND BABY make three MADISON CLAIRE!!!!! born June 22nd 6lbs 2 oz our family is complete

TamiK
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations Linda! I hope your DH shares your joy and is thrilled with the news!
    Tammy Ryan
    Abigail & Caleb
    Boy/Girl twins born 8-18-04 at 26 weeks

This Blog
    That Blog

meandlina
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Linda!! Congrads on your pg. My DH wasn't to sure about us TTCing either. I had a rough end to my PG with DD. How are you doing in Florida? I hope your some where safe.
    "A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law,no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in it's path" Agatha Christie