FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
LindaG

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aloha no
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LindaG

Hi - saw you posting a bit - did you go to England already? Wanted to find out how it went on the plane rides?! I'm starting to get nervous for our 10 hour plane trip in November. . . already starting a list of what we should have on the planes. It's just so much nicer when there's a dh around to do the hand off!

How was the rest of your trip??
    D E B

dd is FIVE!

2. Advertisement

LindaG
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deb,

I've been meaning to post a thread, but it's been hectic around here since we got back.

The flights went quite well, Callum did cry on our approach into London, he hadn't slept much on that leg and his ears were hurting, but he just wouldn't eat, suck or drink anything!

The best toys/activities that he most enjoyed were, lift the flap books, travel magna doodle(big hit), toy cell phone by Parents magazine(Target), the used wrapping paper that we wrapped the new toys in (Ginger suggested that) and the tv/phone control that was in the arm of my chair. We did do some colouring with him, but it's hard to do on his lap in a car seat. He stayed in his car seat most of the time, we didn't encourage the walking the aisles. I brought way too many snacks on the plane but he did enjoy having different snacks than he normal has at home. I hope your not flying American Airlines, as we found them to be very unhelpful, no pre boarding for families which sucks when you have a car seat to install .Actually in London the English guy did let us pre board. Next time we will go British Airways as they fly direct, it makes for a very long day if not.

As for the rest of the trip it was great to see family and friends, but my poor Mum who had her hip replaced a couple of years had it "pop" out while we were away for one of the weeks, she spent a miserable night in the ER and then having it put back in!! Callum had a case of the separation anxiety, had to be with me ALL the time, so my thoughts of nights out and shopping were nixed to some extent. He also didn't sleep to well and it has taken us 10 days to get him back to sleeping through again.

Sorry if I'd bored or frightened you Let me know if I can help with anything.
    Hugs,

Linda

aloha no
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back! Your poor mum Hope she's feeling better.

Oh boy - I'm envisioning much of the same - especially the sleep schedule w/the 6 hr (I guess it'll be 5 then) time difference. Oh I'm so hoping there won't be separation anxiety - I'm looking forward to M spending quality time with her grands while dh and I spend quality time with some mai-tais

Thank you for the list of what worked for you both. We're flying United and they do let us pre-board, but she'll be on my lap, so I like to wait until the last minute to board since I'd rather she run around till the last minute. My SIL suggested a lollipop to suck on, she said it worked! I'll bring some but I won't give it to her unless it gets realllllly bad.

Thanks for sharing! We leave Nov 9 - we can compare stories when we get back

D E B

dd is FIVE!