FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Hi ladies! I'm back from Vegas with a little hitchhiker!! (tx ment'd)

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    littlecalista
    has no status.
    My heart is still in Seattle, the rest of me is in FL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi ladies! I'm back from Vegas with a little hitchhiker!! (tx ment'd)

Hi ladies!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in forever! My computer died (again) before I left for Vegas and didn't come back up until after I left. I came home yesterday afternoon and boy am I glad to be back!!!! Let's just say that I wouldn't describe any of this trip as "fun".

We found out about a week before I left that we'd be able to receive TWO embryos instead of just one. We were conflicted at first, but then decided to go for it and were really excited. There was some issue with getting everyone matched before we got to Vegas. They matched us all with embryo #1 but only sent the short profiles. Apparently a lot of people didn't want the first one they were matched with. I found out why after I arrived. The egg donor was half vietnamese/half native american. The nurse was so sad that no one wanted these embryos. There were 7 total (the most of any pairing). I asked to read over the profile and called DH to discuss it with him. The only way to get biological sibs would be to go with this donor pair. So DH and I decided to go for it.

I called the nurse back the next morning. No one called back. I had DH email her from Seattle. He got a short reply that didn't actually say anything. Ugh! I couldn't get ahold of anyone for the next 3 days! Plus my t/f had apparently been moved to Tues and I was freaked about that since I was to leave Wed morning. The nurse emails DH and asks him to have me come down at noon on Sun to talk to her. I go to the clinic and am informed that she's doing t/f's and will be tied up for at least 3 hours!! WTF!! Then why did she say to come at this time?!?!?

So I try to get info from a different nurse. She says that yes I've been rematched with the viet/na donor. Great. But she couldn't tell me the sex or if we were still getting 2. We had asked for 2 girls. Then she says my t/f is Monday afterall. Geesh thanks for telling me!

I go in Monday at 2 for a scheduled 3pm t/f. The nurse takes me back and tells me we were matched with a girl and a boy, but one already died and she couldn't tell me which one! ARGH! I go ahead with the acupuncture while waiting for news of the second embryo. After the acu is done, the nurse comes in to tell me to get dressed. My second embie died too. She had profiles for 4 other embies for me to choose from. I asked her to write what sex they were. Only one was a girl so I skimmed the egg and sperm donor profiles and said I'll take it!

I had to go back to my hotel for an hour before attempt #2. I didn't want to get too married to the idea of this embryo so I didn't read the profiles again. I went back at 5pm for t/f. I asked everyone as soon as I got there if my embryo was still alive and kicking. I was assured that she was.

T/f time: problem....bladder isn't full enough! So they fill it for me. OUCH!!!!! I cannot describe how painful that was. The transfer went fine and I had to hold this unbelievable amount of fluid for another 15 minutes before that glorious invention...the bedpan....was brought in. AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I had my second acupuncture session and laid still for another hour then 24 hours of bedrest. The next morning I was peeing out blood. OUCH!!! Thankfully it only lasted half the day.

I went back and thoroughly read through the profiles for the embryo we got. I'm actually really happy with the donors. This embryo is a closer match to us than even the original embryo they matched us with. Seems like it was fated for us to get her. I'm also a bit relieved to have just one. Of course there's a bigger chance it won't work at all, but I think twins would've been reeeeeally difficult, especially having no family that could/would come out to help.

The embryo I have in me is 100% healthy. Dr Sher said the only thing they can't say 100% is the sex. He used a new technique and said he can say with 99% certainty that it's a girl. So if this works I'll hold off on buying anything pink until I confirm it is indeed a girl.

I have a whole other post about the hotel stay with Finn and my mom but I've written a novel already!!

I'm so glad to be back. I'll try to catch up on posts later today.

Angela
    3dp5dt (beta on 9/22....my birthday!)
    8 years of Primary IF, IUI x5, IVF x3, donor embryo x2, DIUI x2, 3 losses, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
    DS+IVF/ICSI #3= One embryo success story! 4/03/2004
    DIUI #2 = Twins Born 6/27/2007 (34w2d) Surviving and thriving after NEC!

9/05 3/06 12/07

2. Advertisement

lrmc
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow Angela,
    What a story.

:stickyvib :stickyvib

Hugs
    Lisa

TRC
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been waiting for an update from you. Wow, what a journey you and that little embie have had...it surely is meant to be!
    Theresa 42 / Dh 34 IVF#1 - 12/01 cancelled
    DFET#1 - 12/02 (3,4,7 cell & 1 blast)BFN
    Diff. DFET#2 - tf 10/22 (two 8 & two 10 cell) BFP
    1st beta 12dpt 499 / 2nd beta 14dpt 1392.93
    Noah, Ian, & Garrett born 4/30/04 @ 29.5d - I'm a mommy at last!

virga
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow! What a ride! ++++++++++++++++++++ and sticky thoughts for that sweet embie!
    Mom to ~
    Daughter 8/91; Son 5/01; Son 12/03; Son [born and returned] 8/07

meandlina
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was just thinking about you!! What a story. I'm sending tons and tons of :stickyvib :stickyvib :stickyvib your way!!
    "A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law,no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in it's path" Agatha Christie

bianca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    :stickyvib :stickyvib :stickyvib Thinking of you
    Mummy to my 3 miracles:
    Jacinta Margaret 9/8/03 (thanks to a great herbalist )
    Kaelyn Eliza 9/18/05 (a total surprise )
    Elise Jaimee 7/19/08
    after nearly 3yrs ttc #1,12 failed clomid cycles, 1 IVF & 1 FET

3pookies
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    I hope you get a big fat positive!
    Meredith
    Proud Mommy to Jillian - 6/02
    Noah - 3/04 and
    Sari - 3/06

burra
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow what an amazing story....sending you loads of sticky vibes Angela....hope your little girl sticks around
    Karen
    DS 7/93 DD 12/03 DS 11/05

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia

Louisette
    got accepted into the Family Nurse Practitioner Program for Graduate School starting Fall '11

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, sending BABY SPRINKLES your way! Cant wait to read about your adventure in the hotel!!

flexney
    is trying to use her time more wisely!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Goofy
    ::OUCH:: Ang!! But well worth it, I'm guessing!! \

GOOD LUCK!!!

: : :
    Dana, 47 , DH Cliff, 47
    7 failed cycles, IUI, IVF & donor egg IVF. success w/ donor embryo at LAST!
    ~*~Annabelle & Chloe born Aug. 26, 2004~*~
    Royal Parliamentarian of Mittenhands who TRICKED infertility from Southern California.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast