FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
i'm new here and i'm in despair!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    ann5
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-Faith32 View Post
    I have been on both ends of the spectrum- I have an adopted child first. He is the absolute most wonderful thing that happened to me. I don't think even for one second anything about genetics. But that's just me. I love him the exact same way I would love a baby that was genetically linked to me. He is amazing!! Now, we have been blessed to have a baby biologically as well. Although the experience is different, I do not feel more love for this baby then I do my son. It is equal. I think it is a personal choice for each. You have to do what is in your heart. For me, O wouldn't change a thing.
    agree.
    i love my adopted baby very much and it is not important for me the genetical relation. if i had my own baby and adopted there would not be the difference between them for me.

2. Advertisement

Donna254
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe for woman it is not so important but as far as I know for majority of men procreation is important thing. But if it is mutual decision to adopt a child it is great and I think it is so great to give hope and love for the child which needs it. But for my hubby it is important to have genetically related baby. We did 10 failed ivf attempts with my eggs and donated and nothing. But the option of adoption is excluded for us( wish you all the best during your journey!XXX

Tiffani_Muessig
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    Surrogacy is a beautiful thing. It gives the opportunity for a couple to have a bio child, if that is their hearts desire and it is such a wonderfully selfless act by the gestational carrier. Adoption is also a beautiful thing because it allows for those children to have a life that they would never have otherwise had. Surrogacy is not going against God, nor is IUI, IVF, etc. you can do all of these things but if it is not in Gods plans for you, it won't happen. Period. As Christians, our job is to live OUR lives in a way that honors God, not judge or pass condemnation on to others that don't agree with us.
    Me--31-->Very low AMH (0.3) and do not ovulate on own
    DH--38-->no known issues (great count, motility, etc)

TTC 5 years
    1 chemical
    1 m/c @ 8 weeks 1 day
    3 Failed IUIs
    First IVF Cycle: Febrary 2014
    Result: Chemical

First FET Cycle: May 2014
    Result: BFN

Chemical: September 2014

Chemical: December 2014

Chemical: July 2015

Tiffani_Muessig
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    Sorry for the 2nd post. I am on my phone app and couldn't see what I was posting. Good luck to you in your decision making process and beyond Emma. It's not an easy decision but I do think it is a rewarding one. I have not done surrogacy or adoption but that is our next step if our May FET does not work out the way I want. I wish you well.
    Me--31-->Very low AMH (0.3) and do not ovulate on own
    DH--38-->no known issues (great count, motility, etc)

TTC 5 years
    1 chemical
    1 m/c @ 8 weeks 1 day
    3 Failed IUIs
    First IVF Cycle: Febrary 2014
    Result: Chemical

First FET Cycle: May 2014
    Result: BFN

Chemical: September 2014

Chemical: December 2014

Chemical: July 2015

ann5
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffani_Muessig View Post
    Surrogacy is a beautiful thing. It gives the opportunity for a couple to have a bio child, if that is their hearts desire and it is such a wonderfully selfless act by the gestational carrier. Adoption is also a beautiful thing because it allows for those children to have a life that they would never have otherwise had. Surrogacy is not going against God, nor is IUI, IVF, etc. you can do all of these things but if it is not in Gods plans for you, it won't happen. Period. As Christians, our job is to live OUR lives in a way that honors God, not judge or pass condemnation on to others that don't agree with us.
    and i think that all this reproductive technologies go against God will.
    every person has her/his own oppinion.

lil-lass
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, everybody has their own opinion.

But if your opinion is hurtful or judgmental, then keep it to yourself.

SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I think in general religious beliefs are too personal to each person to say it does or does not find favor with God. I think we should respect each other's beliefs as different as they may be. This board is meant for support an not judgement or criticism. Let's try to keep this in mind please.
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

ann5
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry girls if i said sth hurtful for you.
    i didn't want to do this i just answered a question and told my opinion.

SaraUU
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tolerance and understanding - let's not forget abt it. Each women want to become a mother but unfortunately not all of us can. And I'm thankful that today we have the ability to use reproductive technologies which can help to complete the family. I used services of surrogate mother and now I'm a mother and I'm happy as never before. Progress in he sphere of reproductive technologies gave hope for those who didn't have this hope before.

laram1673
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh, hallo Sara.
    have you used surrogacy?
    i've registered on this forum for receving the opinion on surrogacy as the whole ahd finding checked inf in clinics that provide such services.
    i've done hysterectomy and as you can understand i can't carry a child. but having a child is the most important and desirable for me in life.
    so if you don't matter can i ask you some question abt the place where you was?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast