FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
adoption or surrogacy?

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    laram1673
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

adoption or surrogacy?

Hi all!
    wanted to know your opinion!
    currently i have no opportunity to conceive my own child due to my health state.
    now i don't know what to do: either to adopt a child or use surrogacy.
    what can you advice me?
    who was in my shoes?

2. Advertisement

SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I have been in all scenarios. Unable to conceive- IVF too expensive for a chance, then able to afford IVF but it wasn't workong, thinking of surrogacy etc. In the beg of my journey I ended up adopting and I do not regret that one bit! If you are young and have time on your side- then maybe explore surrogacy. If you are older and time is ticking, I would lean towards adoption. But this is just my own opinion.
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

BC-foxinabox
    working towards adoption
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sad
    For me it's been a somewhat 'easy' decision. After one IVF and a FET I have been deemed unable to carry. But I still have frozen embryos. So I'm pursuing surrogacy. If these last 2 embryos don't take with the surrogate then we plan to adopt. I think it really depends on your specific situation. No wrong decision. Just do what feels right for you!
    Dx: POF/Adenomyosis/Endometriosis
    2009: FSH: 16, AMH: 0.1
    2010: Inj + TI -> converted to IVF = BFP ->Myometrial ectopic = 10 days in hospital + 5 months & 7 MTX -> No TTC for 1 yr
    2011: AMH: 0.9 FET -> BFP -> Tubal ectopic -> MTX -> surgery, tube removed
    2012: AMH: 0.34, HSG shows scary uterus
    2013: One last FET? Nope. Hysterectomy & endo excision.
    2014: Surrogacy
    2015: Adoption

laram1673
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanx you all!
    i really want to have my own baby!it's the most important now for me. that's why i consider adoption as a last option. i want maybe give not me but my hubby the opportunity to have his genetically related baby. it's really important for men (i don't know exactly but maybe even more important then for women).
    so now i'm looking for the clinic with affordable prices and high sucess rate bcz i'm short of money.

SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    laram-- I totally understand. Are you located in the U.S.? If so, we have a complimentary service we offer, where we can recommend to you the top clinics in your area and even get you a preferred consultation time. Is this something you may be interested in?
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

Felicidad
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    US clinics are always more expensive than clinics in Europe. So, if you are short of money search for some other variants where you can do a procedure for less price and with not worth service and result. Not always less price and other location in some unknown place for you means negative result. I know some women who did IVF with donated eggs and surrogacy in European clinics and came back home pregnant or with baby already. There are many stereotypes that US clinics or fertile clinics in Spain are better than clinics in Czech Republic or Ukraine, for long time already it is not like this. So, check all options to see all opportunities you have.

laram1673
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-Faith32 View Post
    laram-- I totally understand. Are you located in the U.S.? If so, we have a complimentary service we offer, where we can recommend to you the top clinics in your area and even get you a preferred consultation time. Is this something you may be interested in?
    thanx!
    but i'm not situated in US

laram1673
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicidad View Post
    US clinics are always more expensive than clinics in Europe. So, if you are short of money search for some other variants where you can do a procedure for less price and with not worth service and result. Not always less price and other location in some unknown place for you means negative result. I know some women who did IVF with donated eggs and surrogacy in European clinics and came back home pregnant or with baby already. There are many stereotypes that US clinics or fertile clinics in Spain are better than clinics in Czech Republic or Ukraine, for long time already it is not like this. So, check all options to see all opportunities you have.
    agree with you abt the US prices.
    i think the most important is the result and not being in the rich and popular country. if there is a clinic which can give me some kind of garantee but there's much bad said about it (i think when the place is spoken much about than it's worth visiting. sometime people say sth bad bcz they can be competitors) i'm ready to trevell there and spent my time, energy and money! the most important is not to waste this all.

Felicidad
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by laram1673 View Post
    agree with you abt the US prices.
    i think the most important is the result and not being in the rich and popular country. if there is a clinic which can give me some kind of garantee but there's much bad said about it (i think when the place is spoken much about than it's worth visiting. sometime people say sth bad bcz they can be competitors) i'm ready to trevell there and spent my time, energy and money! the most important is not to waste this all.
    I used not to believe everything what is written. The most important thing is to check everything by yourself! Is something is discussed and you pay attention to it just check some official inf. and things will become clearer to you. And I'm sure that there are places where you can find guarantee you are serching for. By the way what kind of guarantee do you want to receive?

laram1673
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicidad View Post
    I used not to believe everything what is written. The most important thing is to check everything by yourself! Is something is discussed and you pay attention to it just check some official inf. and things will become clearer to you. And I'm sure that there are places where you can find guarantee you are serching for. By the way what kind of guarantee do you want to receive?
    the best guarantee for me now is of course having a child.
    i read that in some clinics there is rpograms with guarantee in some way: unlimited number of attempts, receving money back in case of failure etc.
    i don't know much i should study more inf.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast