FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
adoption or surrogacy?

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    There are programs at some clinics that offer discounts/ or so many attempts for a flat rate etc. Definitely worth looking in to.
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

2. Advertisement

Felicidad
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you'll decide to choose surrogacy be careful.There are several countries which provide such services but not all of them are good. think important point is doctor's professioalism and professionalism of the clinic itself. The methods they work with and all options of the program. Because sometimes clinic provides discounts and something that can attrects you,you believe them and don't pay attention for some other important things e.g. registraton of chil'd birth certificate and ways how you'll bring the child home or for how long clinic will make documents or even if the clinic provides services of registring documents.
    Thanks laram1673 thanked for this post

laram1673
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicidad View Post
    if you'll decide to choose surrogacy be careful.There are several countries which provide such services but not all of them are good. think important point is doctor's professioalism and professionalism of the clinic itself. The methods they work with and all options of the program. Because sometimes clinic provides discounts and something that can attrects you,you believe them and don't pay attention for some other important things e.g. registraton of chil'd birth certificate and ways how you'll bring the child home or for how long clinic will make documents or even if the clinic provides services of registring documents.
    agree that sometimes discounts hide sth that we shouldn't see and good service will always cost more. it always was so...

SaraUU
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be careful while choosing the place to go. As for me the best way to learn all the truth about clinic or agency is asking ppl who have experience being there.
    As for "good services cost more"...not always cheaper means bad and in majority of cases we overpay for some things we don't need at all...like fresh flowers in the room every day, yes, it is cool and nice to see beautiful flowers every day and smell them...but it is such a trifle that if there were no flowers you wouldn't notice it. And if question is about such things as surrogacy or IVF procedures it doesn't matter where you'll live for 2 days... you are going somewhere to receive positive result, medical side is the most important. As for me I don't need smth special in life conditions if I'm going to become a mother.

laram1673
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraUU View Post
    You should be careful while choosing the place to go. As for me the best way to learn all the truth about clinic or agency is asking ppl who have experience being there.
    As for "good services cost more"...not always cheaper means bad and in majority of cases we overpay for some things we don't need at all...like fresh flowers in the room every day, yes, it is cool and nice to see beautiful flowers every day and smell them...but it is such a trifle that if there were no flowers you wouldn't notice it. And if question is about such things as surrogacy or IVF procedures it doesn't matter where you'll live for 2 days... you are going somewhere to receive positive result, medical side is the most important. As for me I don't need smth special in life conditions if I'm going to become a mother.
    i think you are right abt things we don't need. i think we need the only one- the baby! and that's enough!
    yes the experience of ppl plays an important role but ppl are different and their thoughts are also different. so one and the same clinic can receive different replies from different ppl both positive and negative.

Felicidad
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many of us have huge influence of Internet, so many inf. of course, it is good that we have ability to communicate with each other and share our experience, it is big plus but I want to say that it is more important to think by ourselves and analyse the facts. Not just to read and believe. I have such experience (not of fertility or adoption agency but just from everyday life) when one my friend was in the restoran and quareled with staff there because they didn't serve her in 15 minutes as they promised but serve her in 20 min. from this time she always says me that it is bad place, I always think so, I've never go there and once I went there with my hubby. Great place, tasty food, honest staff. Just don't believe the words of others check everything by yourself)

ann5
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicidad View Post
    Many of us have huge influence of Internet, so many inf. of course, it is good that we have ability to communicate with each other and share our experience, it is big plus but I want to say that it is more important to think by ourselves and analyse the facts. Not just to read and believe. I have such experience (not of fertility or adoption agency but just from everyday life) when one my friend was in the restoran and quareled with staff there because they didn't serve her in 15 minutes as they promised but serve her in 20 min. from this time she always says me that it is bad place, I always think so, I've never go there and once I went there with my hubby. Great place, tasty food, honest staff. Just don't believe the words of others check everything by yourself)
    agree with you!
    different things are important for different ppl.
    the speed of the service was the most important thing for your friend. the food (the result) was the most important for you. so this restaurant was good for you but bad for your friend. but you are talking abt one and the same place.
    so each of us decides what is the most important.
    the choise is individual.

Donna254
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The main point for everything is result. To each place we go to receive some result. But unfortunately sometimes we failed. I failed 10 times with my IVF((( So, now is searching for the place where it is really possible to receive positive result.

SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I agree. The main point is the end result of becoming parents and finding the path of least resistance to meet that goal.
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

SaraUU
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of places, clinics which promise 80-90% positive result and than a lot of women just failed and have no positive result. It is hard to fail 10-12 times in row and I agree that main reference point is real result but not some illusive percent. To have hope it is great but also it is important to be realistic.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast