FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
What are our ages?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What are our ages?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • 35-40

93 56.71%
  • 41-45

48 29.27%
  • 46-50

21 12.80%
  • over 50

2 1.22%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    soapqueen
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am 40 will be 41 in a couple of months

2. Advertisement

sue in CA
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 51, dh is 58. We adopted the first time when I was 38 and the second time when I was 43.

larasmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just turned 44 on 7/7

JanieIL
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just turned 46 a few days before our daughter was born & my dh was not quite 55. She just turned 3, so I guess the math would make us 49 and not quite 58. We also have a bio. son who is 11, conceived with IUI.

I used to hang out on FT a lot, from trying to get pg, getting pg, loosing the baby, major grieving, moving on to adoption and actually adopting, but when our daughter came home, I was just swamped & was only able to lurk. Now I'm really feeling a need to have friends who are "older" with little kids. We live in a rather rural area & there aren't a lot of us. I have several friends who have kids about my son's age, but wish I could find even one "older" mom of a toddler. I don't feel older & am in great health, but it's hard to relate to moms who tell me I'm as old or older than their moms. :-( Been having a rough week or two, can you tell? LOL

Hugs,
    Janie

mom23Cs
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was 32 for our first dd, turned 36 the day after 2nd dd was born and was 39 when our 3rd was born. Just lurking--hope you don't mind me joining in.
    Sherry
    Proud mom to the Three C's

Miss 13 year old...WJH Cheerleader...domestic adoption
    Miss 10 year old...domestic adoption
    Miss "I am the boss" 6 year old...donor
    Thanks Thanks Thanks Our family is complete!!!

ggcox1968
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    srholland,
    I sent you a PM.

Pili
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am now 52 with two five year olds One turning 5 on the 29th and the other will be 6 in Feb. ( they are 7 months apart). I don't have many friends who are my age but I have been lucky to have made friends with the moms at school even if they are much younger than me (Some are the same age as my older sons 33 and 31). I am now homeroom mom to my son's kinder class which will be quite exciting. I never got to do it with my first two sons as I used to work when they were little.
    After having four boys 33, 31, 5 and almost 6. I really wanted that little girl but my husband kind of talked me out of trying to adopt our china doll.. I will not stop trying though since you can still do it until age 55 but I know where he is coming from....
    Janie, we live far from each other but we have a lot in common, age and young ones. Even though my are a little older I think we have a very busy life which keeps us young. I am now 52.
    Larasmom I remember you from the days when we were trying to adopt. I am not sure if you remember me I believe back then I was known as Spookie which was my cats name nothing to do with spookiness.

JanieIL
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pili,

Nice to hear from you. I remember when you were here before as "Spookie"! I also remember when Larasmom was adopting. The time sure flies, doesn't it?!!

Right now, I just pretty much keep to myself & family at home - that keeps me busy enough! My ds just started 5th grade & he keeps me busy and of course my 3 yr old never sits still! I'm sure I'll meet more moms when she starts into different activities, but, of course, they'll be young moms. sigh. Which I'll get along with, but we just won't have a lot in common - just our toddlers/pre-schoolers.

A couple weeks ago, I was at a scrapbooking "scrap" and the woman across from me thought I was around 35 yrs. old - that made me feel good! I guess I need to keep working out more & keep putting cream around my eyes - LOL! And, of course, don't mention things, in conversation, that happened before those younger moms were born. LOL

You're right about being fortunate to do things now that you couldn't do before. If I'd had my children when I was in my 20s, I'm sure I'd have had to work all the time too. I worked part-time when my son was little, but that's mainly because I had a great job that I liked and was blessed to have my parents as babysitters. But when my dept. was out-sourced & I was laid off, it was truly a blessing. I'm looking forward to tea parties & such with my daughter and I'm able to help with my son's class & at his school.

(I hope you get your China doll )

Hugs,
    Janie

Grad0507
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven’t adopted yet, but I’m 35. My husband is 55. Adoption might not be a reality until I’m 40, and he’s 60. I was adopted when my parents were 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345