FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Day one at fertility clinic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LauraJmorris
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Day one at fertility clinic

Me and my husband got our appointment at the fertility clinic today after waiting months for the appointment and was told something I really didn't want to hear. I had a internal scan and was showed my left Fallopian tube is filled with fluid and is damaged really bad from having clymidia last year and he thinks the other one is damaged to....... So now I have to have them taken out and start IVF! Doctor said it will impossible for me to conceive naturally as I also have pcos I'm so f********d off! I've also got to lose 2 stone in 6 months. I just hope IVF will work because I'd be devastated if it don't work and I have to go through life with no Kids. I'm 27 and feel I'm still young. Has anyone else gone through something similar? Maybe could help me stay calm about this all! It's alot to get head around

2. Advertisement

Medicmedic
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angry
    If you don't have them removed then you most likely won't conceive at all. Hydrosalpinx is one of the causes of unexplained infertility. In a way, it's fortunate that you found this long before you tried clomid, etc. Make peace with it and move on. Families don't come to us through traditional methods all the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Me- 41 Secondary Infertility, Hydrosalpinx, DH- 26 No known defects
    My Own Eggs- IVF 10/12 BFN, IVF 12/12 BFN, FET 1/13 BFN, IVF 2/13 BFN
    Donor Eggs- IVF 4/13 Frozen Eggs BFN, IVF 7/13 Fresh Donor eSet BFN, FET 8/13 BFN; FET eSET 10/13 BFN; FET of 2 11/13 BFP, first beta 304, second 1106, third 10246 (5w4d pg) u/s shows ONE bean!

My blog - Normal People Don't Talk About This

LauraJmorris
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I'm actually more positive about it all today. I just been to the gym and brought a book on pcos an fertility. Also having a great chat with my family has helped. If I don't succeed on IVF then I can look into adoption but I'm gonna do all it takes to make sure my eggs are healthy and strong before IVF takes place. My husband has good sperm so am gonna work on making sure my eggs and uterus are in tip top condition xx

meg0703
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I c this conversation was a while back but just wanted you to know you aren't alone. I've got the exact same thing u do. Both of my tubes were horrible and fluid filled. Took em out last March and we start IVF in June. I try to look at the positive side of things. I hardly ever read the negative about IVF when I'm doing my research. Your still young so you have a very good chance of things going good : )

LauraJmorris
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being negative wont get us no where in life, ive adapted a really healthy lifestyle and have lost weight since November, im taking royel jelly supplement to help my eggs nice and strong so when ivf happens for us hopefully will concieve 1st go, glad ive finally met someone who has fpne through this 😊 im not sure when mine will be taken out yet? Maybe when ive lost bit more weight xx

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

meg0703
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome : )! I gta get in to shape myself before we do IVF. Figured I've got 5 months to do so. What does the jelly do for the eggs? I'm trying to do everything I can to increase our chances of conceiving the first time. Our doctor is very optimistic which helps a lot. Glad to hear things have looked up for ya since November : )

LauraJmorris
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It defo helps getting in shape before ivf i feel so much better in myself since taking on a healthy role, two of my friends have became pregnant through ivf they swear by drinking wheatgrass and orange everyday, im gonna give that a go, royal jelly is a supplement you can take that helps with quality and quantity of eggs, it helps them grow strong and become healthy, also helps the uterus become more healthy, if you type in royal jelly for fertility it will tell you everything, i take 2 a day

meg0703
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the advice! Was reading up on the wheat grass and the health benefits are amazing. Where did you get the royal jelly from? Between the wheat grass, the royal jelly, and these prenatals I should b good to go lol

LauraJmorris
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh defo try it all, where r u from? I live uk so i get all my stuff from Holland and Barrett

Likes katy you liked this post

meg0703
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in the US (Georgia). Think I found some on Amazon I'm going to get when I order my prenatals. : )
    Thanks JonesSmith thanked for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast