FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Lap to remove blocked tube

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rred812000
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Lap to remove blocked tube

Hi my husband and I have been trying to conceive for just over 2 years now. 2 miscarriages and then we finally were told that I have a blocked tube which is causing toxic fluid back up into my uterus. I had a lap done to remove that tube an doc says my other tube and uterus look great. Anyone else have only one tube and had a successful pregnancy? How long did it take? Starting clomid this month if I am not pg.

2. Advertisement

EvesSecret
    is God's Daughter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    I wish I had one good one! Plenty of woman get prey with one tube easy!

SKLH
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I had more advice for you! I had both removed! Good luck!
    Me: 27, DH: 31
    Married: 2009
    Hydro Tubes: Bilateral salpingectomy after IVF#1.
    Mild Endo-MTHFR

paigeyda
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem, but one resulted in ectopic and got rid of itself. The other we had removed last year being blocked. Good luck to you!!!

fitchc
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    i had bilateral blocked tubes opened through surgery but never got pregnant. I am doing IVF, but yes you can pregnant with one tube, dont worry. If it takes too long then I would do IVF.

babycrazy86
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Blah
    I have the same issue with the toxic fluid...but, my RE doesn't want to do any surgery to try and fix it due to the adhesions and scarring I have caused by other surgeries...we have been told that IVF is our only option...but we cannot shell out $15,000 that we don't have... so we are just praying things work naturally...my right tube has the fluid build up ( hydrosalpinx) but my left tube was said to be clear last October after my HSG...but I am still not getting pregnant

fitchc
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Hopeful

blocked tubes

Quote Originally Posted by babycrazy86 View Post
    I have the same issue with the toxic fluid...but, my RE doesn't want to do any surgery to try and fix it due to the adhesions and scarring I have caused by other surgeries...we have been told that IVF is our only option...but we cannot shell out $15,000 that we don't have... so we are just praying things work naturally...my right tube has the fluid build up ( hydrosalpinx) but my left tube was said to be clear last October after my HSG...but I am still not getting pregnant
    you could get a second opinion, some people change jobs or go out of the country to get a cheaper ivf. There are ones that reimburse you if you dont get pregnant.

I understand your doctor doesnt want to do surgery bc he will create more scar tissue but if its your only route to pregnancy, get a second opinion to see if they can save the tube or get the toxicity out

fitchc
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    i tried this and it helped keep my tubes open plus you will get rid of scar tissue

castor oils packs under heating pad over uterus for 45 min and 15 min massage.

also find your femoral artery in the bikini line where leg and pubic bone meet and hold each one at a time for 30 sec to stop blood flow then let go. It promotes blood to uterine area and tubes to help stop the formation of scar tissue. Do it once per day.

Put pressure under big toes with finger hold 1 min each per day. Twice a day is even better with accupressure.

Clear Passage Physical Therapy - YouTube
    Belly Massage - Uterus and Ovaries.m4v - YouTube
    Abdominal Self Massage - YouTube this is what i did and it worked, I went back to doc for tube ink test and was still open
    good luck, but put castor oil on a rag over stomach first and then heating pad over clothe (put wax paper bt cloth and warming pad for 45 min then massage.

good luck

Beulaza
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you can get pregnant with one blocked fallopian tubes. Try some fertility massage or castor oil therapy (you can find these kits on Amazon). But you need to be patient. It does take time. or try some natural treatments. Just google it and you will find loads of them.
    Unable to Get Pregnant? Know common reasons for not conceiving