FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
1st IVF Success...8 years later going for 2nd IVF Both tubes need to be removed

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    msmelremo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

1st IVF Success...8 years later going for 2nd IVF Both tubes need to be removed

So here's my deal, 2003 I was 29 years old and 1st try IVF was a success, now my 8 year old daughter is asking for a brother or a sister. Husband and I went in for consultation the second time and was informed that I had liquid in both tubes and for a higher chance of my 2nd IVF to be a success I need to have both tubes removed. I'm now 38 years old, all my blood work looked normal, and my husband's sperm count were normal. What are my chances for 2nd IVF being a success? I have forgotten how stressful and emotional this entire process is, and it's more emotional now that I have to remove both tubes. How long after the surgery do we have to wait until we go through IVF process?

2. Advertisement

kristinjames1
    Looking forward to the future!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I wish I could help but wanted to let you know you weren't alone. Good luck in your process I pray all goes well. I'm sure the chances for success are high b/c you don't need your tubes for IVF at all. Both of my tubes are blocked and I an going in for my first IVF cycle this month. Fingers crossed for you!!