FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
2nd IVF... To Do or Not To Do

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    lowiekins
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

2nd IVF... To Do or Not To Do

Hi All, I'm new to this forum so bear with me. I have been seeing my RE since Dec. 2009 -Secondary Infertility. I have a sassy, beautiful daughter who is 5 and very anxious to become a big sister. I have done IUI's with chlomid 5x, a failed IVF, timed intercourse 2x, femara 1x and femara with follistim 2x. I have a blocked right tube due to scarring (had ectopic 2 yrs before my daughter was born).
    My dilemma is whether or not to go through a 2nd IVF. Money is very much a factor. My insurance only covers a certain percentage of the IUI's and none for the IVF. Prescriptions are 100% out-of pocket. My RE said i have a 15% chance of getting pregnant. Should I throw my towel now and consider donor egg or adoption? I'm almost 32 but my RE told me I only have 15% chance of getting pregnant through IVF.
    I'm desperate to hear from tough women who kicked serious infertility behinds. I could really use a little optimism or honesty.

2. Advertisement

lowiekins
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have eggs of a 40+ year old. Not sure if it's the quality or the quantity OR both.

Amy_IVF_PGD
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Donor eggs is a very personal choice but I have quite a few friends (on this board and in real life) that are over-the-moon happy with their children from donor eggs. And I don't know anyone that didn't get PG on the first round with DE. If it is something you think your family could be happy with, I think you should go DE.

lowiekins
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My RE recommends DE. But I'm worried about the cost

eugenesgal27
    really wanting my BFP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you thought about embryo adoption it cost 4k @ nccrm in nc.